Call of Cthulhu card game story connections?

By Xenu's Paradox, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

So the text of Secrets Unveiled (card #123, side B) mentions a cultist named Victoria. I'm wondering if this might be Victoria Glasser, the artist from the CoC card game who's mixed up with the King in Yellow cult.

I played CoC briefly, quitting around the end of the collectible era due to budget constraints, and found the hints at a storyline really compelling. Unfortunately it looks like the LCG dropped this aspect almost entirely.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I assume it's coincidence, since the CoC universe and the AH universe seem to be separate. Also...maybe I misunderstood, but did you just say that a story-driven, campaign-based game completely dropped the story aspect?

He was referring to CoC LCG. He only played the CoC CCG.

I assume it's coincidence, since the CoC universe and the AH universe seem to be separate. Also...maybe I misunderstood, but did you just say that a story-driven, campaign-based game completely dropped the story aspect?

So the story did continue? Where can I read up on it?

The CCG kind of vaguely hinted at it through flavor text on certain cards, so that's where I was looking for it in LCG spoilers.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant that the Arkham LCG dropped the story aspect. My apologies.

I assume it's coincidence, since the CoC universe and the AH universe seem to be separate.

Mmmm... the Clover Club exists in both , at the very least.

I hope FFG enjoy this opportunity to make a single unified setting for their Cthullhu related games.

Edited by Kentares

I hope FFG enjoy this opportunity to make a single unified setting for their Cthullhu related games.

I actually like the more Apocryphal approach. Different stories told in different places to different people. That way the creator's can focus more on the gameplay and not worry about a continuous connected error-free narrative. Most of us (the majority of people who buy games) couldn't care less about "canon." That's for fanatics and obsessive fan boy / girls.

Edited by xodarap

I actually like the more Apocryphal approach. Different stories told in different places to different people. That way the creator's can focus more on the gameplay and not worry about a continuous connected error-free narrative. Most of us (the majority of people who buy games) couldn't care less about "canon." That's for fanatics and obsessive fan boy / girls.

Im neither so Im safe. I like to have characters that i can "care" in a story instead of having "cannon fodder" in a story oriented game setting like this one which is supposed to be a mix of card game and a Role Playing Game .

Edited by Kentares

I agree that I it is nice to spread out the story beats in terms of characters and locations and not have to have everything intertwined, but isn't it a bit of a big assumption to state that only a minority of those getting AH, the obsessive fan boys and girls, would care about the canon?

I don't know the minds and motives of all (or any, really) the folks planning on getting this game, but it would seem possible that a solid percentage of folks getting into an ongoing, heavily thematic game touting itself as having pretty strong RPG elements might care about the canon or links to other stories in the same universe.

Edited by Trialus

I agree that I it is nice to spread out the story beats in terms of characters and locations and not have to have everything intertwined, but isn't it a bit of a big assumption to state that only a minority of those getting AH, the obsessive fan boys and girls, would care about the canon?

I don't know the minds and motives of all (or any, really) the folks planning on getting this game, but it would seem possible that a solid percentage of folks getting into an ongoing, heavily thematic game touting itself as having pretty strong RPG elements might care about the canon or links to other stories in the same universe.

Yeah, I think that xodaraps's statement may be true about games in general (although I still doubt it's backed by anything more than guesswork), but I'm not so sure that it's true when it come to this particular one.