Survivor class, playstyle?

By Drakthal, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Hi guys

So i was wondering about the 5 classes and which playstyle they each have. And for four of them i feel relatively certain

Guardian - Gameplay style where you focus on defeating whatever horrors might lurk out there.

Mystic - Risk Reward gameplay style that can make you excel amazingly in different areas, but might also punish you immensely.

Rogue - Evading trickster that is a sort of combo gameplay where you might get alot of free actions and resources. (Guess this is for the guys who love to pull out insane combos)

Seeker - The investigator who is most adept at finding the clues in the different locations.

Survivor - ???

So i am not sure from the descriptions given that i know what playstyle survivor pertains to. In the Talents and Talismans preview it almost sounded as if Survivors is a sort of hardmode, but i would probably bet that they are just more of an all round character that doesnt perchance excel anywhere specific but is neither really bad anywhere.

Anyone have some input for what you think the Survivor will play like? And whether my assumptions for the other 4 classes seem correct?

Luck. Our current survivor has no combat ability, which fits thematically. They've seen horrors and monsters and demons, but they are survived by hiding, by running. They have no religious nor "scientific" knowledge, so won't be using religious artefacts, reading books, partaking in rituals. They will probably be encounter deck manipulation, which we've kind of seen with Wendy's ability to mulligan a Chaos token draw, maybe some exploring and investigating, and primarily evasion.

Survivor may look a bit similar to the rogue class. But where rogue is really good at gathering resources he also got a weakness - he is really not the greatest investigator. Survivor is good at a bit of everything - a jack of all trades , master of none. Need damage? Wendy can dish out some damage temporarily, need to evade? You were lucky that time, Someone dealing damage? You just happen to have leather jacket to save you. You just failed that gathering clue test? Look what you found anyway!

From the spoilers I can deduce from my Intellect that Survivors are inherently the just there heck even says quite literally that's all they do. Survivor cards seem to focus on 'chance' while far as I recall none literally deign you to actually rely on luck the cards seem to focus on running away and staying away. All the cards seem to emulate spur of the moment opportunities. Mechanically the Survivors are the class of not experts but know enough to get by.

((Intellect a Arkham Horror game joke btw not trying to sound smarter))

Edited by CEOWolf

Ok cool thanks. Especially to Soul because yes if you just say "they are good at evading" then they sound alot like the rogue minus the resource management.

Survivors are kind of weird--they actually have a lot of effects that trigger when failing a test to either turn it into a success, or gain something else as a result. They also have other stuff that lets them survive, just as the name says, like the leather jacket for armor, or some special evasion cards.