Looking for Skirmish Play in Austin, TX

By Luethar, in Imperial Assault Organized Play

Looking to learn the skirmish play in Austin, TX. Preferably South Austin as I live just outside of Austin on the south side.

Lue.

I've been looking for a bit and haven't had much luck. Dragon's Lair is supposed to have monthly tournaments, but I showed up at the one for September and was the only person there.

Don't get me started on Dragon's Lair.

I believe Mothership has gotten the Regional for Imperial Assault. I would like to get some practice in. Let me know if you wish to meet up.

Lue.

There does not seem to be a big player base in Austin. There was about 8 people at the Store Championship at Dragon's Lair, and only a handful of the people at the Regionals earlier this year was from Austin. As far as I know, Dragon's Lair is the only place trying to have some regular organized play.

I am also looking to get some practice games in before the next regional next month.

This post has drawn me from lurker status!

One of the guys at Mothership told me they have a monthly IA day but there's nothing on their calendar. Dragon's Lair does have an event on their calendar for this Sunday. I've heard the turnout is usually poor.

Edited by SlowComet

Draconics,

Would you be interested in teaching skirmish play? I can head north but i do not wish to go to Dragon's Lair.

Lue

Lue,

Admittedly, my skirmish experience is fairly limited, but if you would like to get together and play some I would be happy to. I could meet at Nerdstock or Mothership up north, or Whose Turn down south. I should be free this Sunday afternoon.

I'm going to aim to be at Mothership tomorrow at around 1:30pm tomorrow, if anyone would like to join me.

Draconics,

i am sorry I was very busy this weekend. I am best for Saturdays usually. Who's Turn is It or Tribe are easier for me to get to than Mothership. Are you located up north or down south?

Lue.

No problems, I had another local player contact me after seeing this post, and we got together and played a game.

I am up north, not too far from either Nerdstock or Mothership, but I don't mind heading south occasionally. My Saturday's are pretty busy right now. I may be able to get away for a bit in the early evening this week, but won't really know until sometime Saturday.

Going to PM you....

Lue.