Confusion over starting Neutral and enemy territories

By draginfut16, in Age of Conan

Do the colors of the territories have anything to do with their starting alliance? For example do all red colored territories start out allied with Aquilonia? Or are they neutral. Would the purple provinces of hyperboria start as enemy or neutral to Aquilonia? Sometimes I am sure that the only friendly territory you start with is your starting kingdom and other times I think, No there must be a reason for the colors of the different territories.

draginfut16 said:

Do the colors of the territories have anything to do with their starting alliance? For example do all red colored territories start out allied with Aquilonia? Or are they neutral. Would the purple provinces of hyperboria start as enemy or neutral to Aquilonia? Sometimes I am sure that the only friendly territory you start with is your starting kingdom and other times I think, No there must be a reason for the colors of the different territories.

As I've understood things, they are still neutral, the colors are there to show what regions are actually "active" in the game (if using less than 4 Kingdoms).

Dam is correct. All regions other than home kingdoms are neutral at the beginning of the game and show which areas of the map are in play depending on the number of players. The colors also identify if a strategy card can be used in an Intrigue contest.

Yep. Their colour is usable while playing cards in intrigue contests.