Two Games, Two Boards, One Deck

By Osbo25, in Talisman

I'm looking for some feedback on this idea. I haven't thought it all the way through yet, and I've got some time to tweak it.

I'm hosting a Talisman game day coming up in November. My original intent had been to play Cataclysm with small box expansions and no extra corner expansions. However, it's starting to look like I might have more than six people wanting to play that day.

The idea that came to me was to have two games running simultaneously: one on the regular Talisman game board and the other on the Cataclysm game board. Obviously, however, I only have one deck of Adventure cards. So why not have both games draw from the same deck? The deck is already huge as it is, so it would really be no different than playing each game completely separately (at least in terms of the likelihood of drawing specific cards for that specific game). The extra adventure cards and spell cards from the Cataclysm look as though they can still work on the original game board, so if they get drawn by those players it will be no big deal.

As for the Reaper and the Werewolf, those could either be split up between the two boards. OR, I actually thought that it would be an interesting dynamic to send them back and forth between the boards. That is, if you are on the original game board and roll a 5 on either chart, you could send it over to the Cataclysm board and a character over there.

This is a similar concept to someone else who posted about moving between the two boards using Rune Gates, except that the players on each board would move at their own pace, and the characters themselves would never actually cross over.

What do you think? Doable? Any glaring flaws that need to be addressed?

I like the idea. And would consider that each could even pick up each other's dropped loot.