Arkham Nights Sold Out!

By chico2323, in Arkham Nights

This ever happen before historically?

This will be my first time attending and I think an event selling out like this is awesome@!

I've been going since 2012, I don't remember a time it was ever sold out. I'm even more excited this year because of this.

I'm fairly convinced that the reason it sold out is that people want the Curse of the Rougarou pack. I wonder how many people bought tickets are are just going to have friends pick up the pack, or people who bought extra tickets to snag extra copies of it to sell online. It's kinda scummy, considering how people who actually want to go aren't going to be able to... but I understand the motivation, as they will fetch quite a bit more than the $30 entry fee on EBay (assuming the game is well-received).

Edited by KBlumhardt

I'm fairly convinced that the reason it sold out is that people want the Curse of the Rougarou pack. I wonder how many people bought tickets are are just going to have friends pick up the pack, or people who bought extra tickets to snag extra copies of it to sell online. It's kinda scummy, considering how people who actually want to go aren't going to be able to... but I understand the motivation, as they will fetch quite a bit more than the $30 entry fee on EBay (assuming the game is well-received).

I doubt that is the reason. The scenario will be available for purchase at a later date. I think the hype is because of a new Arkham game coming out.

It still didn't sell out when we got eldritch early. People just love those lcgs.

Edited by Doma0997

I doubt that is the reason. The scenario will be available for purchase at a later date. I think the hype is because of a new Arkham game coming out.

I believe the "later date" is the key part of that. You really don't think people are willing to pay more than $30 to get a $15 expansion several months early? I've seen far crazier things than that in the past several years.

Edited by KBlumhardt