Timescape not happening. Time for Homebrew.

By DomaGB, in Talisman Home Brews

Well, as I shared a couple years back, I had little interest in Homebrew for 4th edition because it was a well polished game and had hopes for a Timescape expansion. Now that will not happen. Previously I was only interested in homebrew alternate endings.

I believe there is more than 1 homebrew expansion of Timescape. I would like opinions.

This project is in no priority, and may be many months before I get to it. But I can start with opinions and looking.

One thing I will say, when I do it. I will use Artscow to print Timescape cards. This will limit me from making any new adventure cards, as I have no desire to create matching Adventure cards. I only am interested in making new decks, not adding to existing ones.

A small note, I am also interested in the Lost Realms homebrew as well.

When and if I do this project, I will make a link available of the artcow deck I will make, unless someone has already done this. I have done this for 2nd edition Talisman already.

Funny you should say this. Me and few other people are currently working on new Timescape for 2nd and 4th editions.

I would want this. Does artscow print boards as well?

Pool your resources guys.

I would want this. Does artscow print boards as well?

No, But they do print mats. Otherwise, as for boards, I go to Office Depot or Office Max and have them print and laminate the boards. I even upsized some boards to a bigger print and those turned out great! So these are just paper that have been laminated. Nice thick lamination. It works well. I been very happy.

One idea I've had for Timescape would be to have the starting space on the Timescape board be a "Runes" space. That way, you wouldn't need to add portals to the spell or Adventure card decks to get to Timescape. You could use Rune Gates that are present in many expansions' adventure decks. Its also a bit reminiscent of Stargate.