Organized play?

By Debion, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

There will be organized play for LCG Arkham?

There has not been an official announcement, but most likely yes. Lord of the Rings is the most similar game, and it does have organized play, but it's changed forms a couple of times. So we will have to wait for the announcement of what it will look like for AH:tCG.

Hopefully more than Lotr gets. One or two events a year even for a co op game is just sad.

One or two events a year even for a co op game is just sad.

That's still a lot of work for FF for something that doesn't generate a lot of money for FFG. I think if they do that, mixed with something else, that would be great. Maybe doing a pre-release/early release event for a deluxe expansion would be nice. I'm not sure. Just throwing out ideas. Don't get me wrong, replacing the four seasonal kits for other LCGs with four seasonal special scenarios would be awesome, but I do not expect it.

One or two events a year even for a co op game is just sad.

That's still a lot of work for FF for something that doesn't generate a lot of money for FFG. I think if they do that, mixed with something else, that would be great. Maybe doing a pre-release/early release event for a deluxe expansion would be nice. I'm not sure. Just throwing out ideas. Don't get me wrong, replacing the four seasonal kits for other LCGs with four seasonal special scenarios would be awesome, but I do not expect it.

I don't expect it at all sadly. I just think they should.

I think there's going to be one annual event, similar to the LotR Fellowship event.

I think there's going to be one annual event, similar to the LotR Fellowship event.

I'm hoping for two. Gencon and Arkham Nights maybe.

I'm hoping for four to six. I'm expecting two.

The arkham nights scenario can be added to any campaign as a side quest.

I'm hoping we get more side quests via organised play.

The arkham nights scenario can be added to any campaign as a side quest.

I'm hoping we get more side quests via organised play.

But is it to ANY campaign though? The article mentions you need to take a train from Northside. But I imagine not every campaign will take you to the town of Arkham.

What do the lotr players get for playing in the organized play program?

What do the lotr players get for playing in the organized play program?

There are two special events a year, one at Gen Con and the annual Fellowship event, where we get new adventures. Promos, playmats, and deckboxes have all been included at various points in history.