Now that GW is out,time for other cool franchises!

By Crag78, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

I would like to see a Deadlands or Rippers setting dungeon crawling boardgame.Much in the vain of Descent or Imperial Assault.FFG and Pinnacle Ent. partnership please!

FFG getting more licences would be cool.

But it seems that they'll now push deeper into their own IPs like Terrinoth and Android.

One thing the loss of GW might allow them to do though is various games that GW veto'ed. And just put them into the appropriate universes. What's to stop a Terrinoth Mordheim with little warbands and campaign play? Or an ANR minis game? or L5R?

It would be really cool to make a Netrunner minis game where the corp player has ICE minis and the runner player has Program cards to go with their runner mini. Kind of like a Specter Ops sort of thing.

I would like to see a Deadlands or Rippers setting dungeon crawling boardgame.Much in the vain of Descent or Imperial Assault.FFG and Pinnacle Ent. partnership please!

8d9c585bafdf3ea75a8afbef638b6e37_large.j

Untill FFG makes it, Shadows of brimstone should scratch that itch...

I would love to see the Star Wars franchise expanded to encompass a mass ground combat game. Utalising a hybrid of the new rune wars/armada rule set we could recreate the battles of the clone wars etc. I suggest that 15mm scale be used (ie shrink down the imperial assualt minis) so that we have companies of storm/clone troppers, squdrons of speeder bikes, AT-STs etc. I know for my gaming group this would be a must buy and scratch an itch that no other company can meet.

I would love to see the Star Wars franchise expanded to encompass a mass ground combat game. Utalising a hybrid of the new rune wars/armada rule set we could recreate the battles of the clone wars etc. I suggest that 15mm scale be used (ie shrink down the imperial assualt minis) so that we have companies of storm/clone troppers, squdrons of speeder bikes, AT-STs etc. I know for my gaming group this would be a must buy and scratch an itch that no other company can meet.

NO

Alright? NO.

Actually yes, I would like this to become real, that way people have to find another excuse as to why FFG doesn't make too many Star Wars games. You don't know how many times I've heard "No, FFG doesn't make too many Star Wars games, they still don't have a ground combat game!" Well guess what, there's no naval combat game for Terrinoth, or Lcg, or small-scale (X-wing style) miniature game. You can't legitimately make every type of game for every setting, so give up already. FFG hopefully has enough sense to realize that every new Star Wars release steals fans from their existing fan base.

/rant

Ghost in the shell franchisee?

I want a Scarlett-Major miniature

Mass Effect.

NO

Alright? NO.

Actually yes, I would like this to become real, that way people have to find another excuse as to why FFG doesn't make too many Star Wars games. You don't know how many times I've heard "No, FFG doesn't make too many Star Wars games, they still don't have a ground combat game!" Well guess what, there's no naval combat game for Terrinoth, or Lcg, or small-scale (X-wing style) miniature game. You can't legitimately make every type of game for every setting, so give up already. FFG hopefully has enough sense to realize that every new Star Wars release steals fans from their existing fan base.

/rant

Actually, I'd love to see a massed battles game using IA models and rules, converting squares to inches, and adding in guidelines for how many terminals and where they need to be places as well as terrain rules etc. As an add on the the skirmish rules.

New franchises I'd like to see: a Doctor Who LCG akin to Arkham Horror or LotR

Android LCG for coop play akin to Arkham Horror or LotR

the Expanse series

Give me a good expandable Dr Who game with miniatures.... Daleks, Cyber Men oh!!!! Please!!!

A bit more random, but I would LOVE to see a dungeon crawler set in the Borderlands universe. It's already got the framework or a small team battling a horde of enemies for booze and treasure.