Player Cards Distribution

By DarkFate, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

According to the product description, there will be 5 investigators cards and 119 player cards. So i searched around and with some guesswork i came out with this.

1-5 Investigators

6-15 Investigators special card weakness

16-25 Guardian Lv0

26-29 Guardian Lv1+

30-39 Seeker Lv0

40-43 Seeker Lv1+

44-53 Rogue Lv0

54-57 Rogue Lv1+

58-67 Mystic Lv0

68-71 Mystic Lv1+

72-81 Survivor Lv0

82-85 Survivor Lv1+

86-93 Neutral Lv0 (4x copies each for 32 cards)

94-95 Neutral Lv1+

96-100 Basic Weakness

The last bit about neutral lv1+ cards are pure guesswork but 96 and 97 are confirmed basic weakness and it brings the numbering to 100 so i think it is probable.

Yes, i am a little too hyped about this game and i definitely need more new articles about this game.

Guess i didn't search well enough but at least i now know of that page.

I counted 119 player cards +5 investigators cards with the serial numbers reaching to 100. It fits all known information, has a nice round number and 5 basic weaknesses. Are you perhaps not accounting for 4x copies for the 8 neutral cards?

I counted 119 player cards +5 investigators cards with the serial numbers reaching to 100. It fits all known information, has a nice round number and 5 basic weaknesses. Are you perhaps not accounting for 4x copies for the 8 neutral cards?

You can see in Marco's review (at 09:00) that neutral skills are 2x, not 4x.

Also, in your count, what are cards #101-103?

I also expect player aid cards (round sequence and list of actions) to be counted among 119 cards (although not being part of the actual set numbering). That's 2-4 cards (for two players, depending on whether they're double-sided).

The rulebook suggested deck for 2 player (Roland and Wendy) included 4 copies of knife, flashlight, emergency cache and guts . Also unless 94 and 95 are also lv0 neutral cards it would not be possible to build 2 legal 30 card decks if there are only 2 copies of neutrals.

I don't think card 101-103 are players cards. They could be additional background information about the 3 scenarios. (1 for each)

Player aid cards would not be included in the player card count since even the investigators are not included in it.

Edited by DarkFate

Yes, Knife, Flashlight, and Emergency Cache are 4x. Skill cards are 2x.

Starter decks for Roland and Wendy are two legal 30 card decks. 10 cards of main class, 10 cards of secondary class, 2x each of Knife, Flashlight, and Emergency Cache, 2x of two skill cards. This even leaves 2x Perception unclaimed.

There's a Campaign Guide for background information, i don't see a reason for it to be printed on separate cards.

Investigators and even their mini cards are included in the total card count. Would be kind of strange if they counted the mini cards but didn't count player aid cards. "119 player cards" doesn't have to include only numbered cards.

Yes, Knife, Flashlight, and Emergency Cache are 4x. Skill cards are 2x.

Starter decks for Roland and Wendy are two legal 30 card decks. 10 cards of main class, 10 cards of secondary class, 2x each of Knife, Flashlight, and Emergency Cache, 2x of two skill cards. This even leaves 2x Perception unclaimed.

There's a Campaign Guide for background information, i don't see a reason for it to be printed on separate cards.

Investigators and even their mini cards are included in the total card count. Would be kind of strange if they counted the mini cards but didn't count player aid cards. "119 player cards" doesn't have to include only numbered cards.

According to the product page for the base set ( https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror-the-card-game/products/arkham-horror-card-game/ ):

GAME CONTENTS

• 239 Cards (5 Investigator Cards, 5 Mini Cards, 110 Scenario Cards, 119 Player Cards)
  • 149 Tokens (30 Resource Tokens, 44 Chaos Tokens, 18 Horror Tokens, 27 Damage Tokens, 30 Clue/Doom Tokens)
  • 1 Campaign Guide
  • 1 Learn to Play Book
  • 1 Rules Reference Guide

The 5 mini cards must be the ones which represent the investigators' location, and the 5 large investigator cards are separate from the 119 player cards.

I'm confused by cards 101 (or 100) to 103 as well.

10 investigator-specific cards (2 per investigator, of one is a weakness)

70 class cards (1 copy each of 14 cards per class)

12 neutral cards which are 4 copies each of 3 cards (Knife, Flashlight, Emergency Cache (86-88))

10 neutral skill cards which are 2 copies each of 5 cards (89-93)

8 neutral weakness cards which are 2 copies each of 4 cards (96-99)

That's a total of 110 cards. It seems fair to assume that 94-95 are neutral cards of which 2 copies each - either Skill or weakness cards, and perhaps 100 is 2 copies of a weakness as well, so that's 6 of the 9. With the first card in the Gathering mythos set starting at 104, that seems to leave 3 more player cards with a single copy of each from 101-103. I don't think reference cards tend to be included as numbered cards, but in any case, I don't think that would be a 'player' card, and also these appear to be three different cards.

Mysterious. Maybe the next preview may shed light.

You can see in Marco's review that there are at least two skill cards that cost XP, between Unexpected Courage and the basic weaknesses. I think it's one copy each of two different skill cards.

You can also see that there is a weakness enemy named Silver Twilight Acolyte. That's the fifth known weakness, I assume it's card #100.

I don't think basic weaknesses are 2x. It's unnecessary, and so far there's nothing to suggest this.

Ok i rewatched the video and you are right, there are only 2 copies of the neutral skills. This means that 10 cards are unaccounted for.

Why are there so few reviews? We need more information!

So the arkham night article has given us the info that 103 is a weakness card. That will bring us to 7 cards without a spot.

Maybe the 2 neutral experienced cards will have 2 copies each as they seem to be quite the staple card. But even so we would still be 5 cards short.

Cards 96-100 could all be Insanity type weaknesses (4 of them already known, Amnesia, Paranoia, Haunted, Hypochondria) with 2 copies each, and 101-103 could be more unique weaknesses like the Stubborn Detective, with 1 copy of each. With 2 copies of the neutral level 3 cards, that would bring the total to the stated 119.

Edited by Helicon