question telekinesis and water:)

By tundrra, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

noob here;)

played our first game and we and enjoyed moving beastmen into pits using telekinesis so they take damage.

However the question came up about moving them into water.

After reviewing the rule book "Water does not block line of sight, but like rubble,it does block movement."

which i think that it answers the question that it can NOT be done. however i would except that it would work like a pit. So the question is, has this rule changed at all?

tundrra said:

noob here;)

played our first game and we and enjoyed moving beastmen into pits using telekinesis so they take damage.

However the question came up about moving them into water.

After reviewing the rule book "Water does not block line of sight, but like rubble,it does block movement."

which i think that it answers the question that it can NOT be done. however i would except that it would work like a pit. So the question is, has this rule changed at all?

Best of my knowledge, you can't move them into water because like you said above, water blocks movement. Can't TK them into a space they couldn't normally move into. Plus it would be an instant kill if you could.

You can no more TK them into water than you could a wall or rubble space.

If you read the errata, the reason water blocks movement is due to deadly blood squids in the water, or something like that. It might be unfair to allow a player to move a monster into water and simply die, but maybe make them take some damage and immediately move back to their previous square, or allow the player to spend the fatigue necessary to move the monster clear to the other side of the water?

Trust me, Telekinesis in powerful enough without giving it more abilities than it has. Per the rules, you cannot move them into water. If you want to house rule, that's cool, but it's not necessary.