Looking for a little advice on creature creation

By Forsparda, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

My Gm says i have to sack my dp in order to make one, but I think they just get there own dp can anyone confirm one or the other?

No you dont..... but it depends on what premise you are making it from. Spells that make creatures often a lot an amount of dp to their creation. To be honest making you sack dp to make a creature is INCREDIBLY inhibiting in anima. Considering how much it would cost to make any viable creature. And as for levels it normally has dp as per a character of the same level and the dp gain (for example by a spell) just goes to making the creatures stats and abilities. Then you spend the normal dp as you would any other character. But it is the dms final say really.... but that is rather unfair to the players in my opinion.

I agree with Latoshi. While I am all for expecting player's to sacrifice something for their goodies, my sacrifices are usually in the form of: (1) giving up on some other opportunity. (2) Spending large amounts of material wealth. (3) sacrificing unusual valuables such as gems, artifacts, rare creature components, etc. (4) Making decisions that will cost them something later such as owing somebody powerful a favor.

The only instance I have found where the books require any sort of permanent sacrifice in order to create any kind of being is with the creation of a Sheele. And even when creating a Sheele the player is not required to spend his own DP, he merely sacrifices a single point from their Power characteristic.