couple questions

By enbalmination, in Rules Discussions

1. Cards like Jack Sparrow and Beast have abilities that state "if you discard from your friend area", does this mean you can discard them during your action phase to use the ablity or do they have to be discarded because of an effect? The reason I ask is because Tidus says "you may discard this card".

2. If I have 3 dark on my opp world, lets say they are 25p 10p 12p. My opponent during his action phase plays 3 magic cards that targets a dark card and does 24 total and plays them all on my 25p dark, then he battles...does the damage stay until end of action phase? or can you only play those magic cards when you battle?

enbalmination said:

1. Cards like Jack Sparrow and Beast have abilities that state "if you discard from your friend area", does this mean you can discard them during your action phase to use the ablity or do they have to be discarded because of an effect? The reason I ask is because Tidus says "you may discard this card".

2. If I have 3 dark on my opp world, lets say they are 25p 10p 12p. My opponent during his action phase plays 3 magic cards that targets a dark card and does 24 total and plays them all on my 25p dark, then he battles...does the damage stay until end of action phase? or can you only play those magic cards when you battle?

1- I'm pretty sure you can discard them during your turn. Otherwise, they would hardly be of any use at all.

2- I'd say your opponent's magic didn't work. You can only defeat Darks during a Battle action, hence, no damage applies.

WeirdUsername said:

enbalmination said:

1- I'm pretty sure you can discard them during your turn. Otherwise, they would hardly be of any use at all.

2- I'd say your opponent's magic didn't work. You can only defeat Darks during a Battle action, hence, no damage applies.

1) Yes

2) Magic can be played outside the battle phase, I'm going to say that yes the damage stays until you either enter the challenge or discard phase.

@ Roxas I'm not too sure about #2. I know for a fact that Dark Cards are supposed to heal after a battle is initiated, but I don't know if they'd heal after you apply Magic Damage, but before initiating a Battle

devilmonkey said:

@ Roxas I'm not too sure about #2. I know for a fact that Dark Cards are supposed to heal after a battle is initiated, but I don't know if they'd heal after you apply Magic Damage, but before initiating a Battle

I'm pretty sure they reheal at the end of the Action Phase and until then they retain all damage. Not 100% though.

Dark Cards "Heal" at the end of every phase.