Getting started - what do I need?

By Striga, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

Hi guys and girls.

I've decided to give the Warhammer: Invasion a try. Since everything won't be available pretty soon I need to decide what to buy. Fast. I can't really afford every single set so I need your advice. I'll be playing just with my close friends so I'm not really looking to build anything super-competitive. Which expansions and battle packs offer most fun? I like Vampire Counts a lot so it'd be nice to own some of their cards :)

Join cardgamedb.com and put a request post in the sales thread for anyone selling a set, you may find you can buy more sets for cheaper second hand that way and thats the place for the best trades :) good luck.

Welcome Striga! If you wan't vampire counts - undead - Then you'll want the March of the Damned deluxe expansion. I would recommend getting Assault on Ulthuan to make Highelves and Darkelves playable races. If you're really hardcore about your undead and want to play them as their own independent race as opposed to just splashing them into the decks of other destruction races, then you'll want the Hidden Kingdoms deluxe expansion. If you want to get any one cycle of battlepacks, I would recommend the Eternal War cycle. It introduced the Ambush and Raider mechanisms to the game which turned out to be very welcome additions. You mentions playing with your close friends - plural. If you all get into multiplayer, I give the Cataclysm multiplayer expansion my highest recommendations. It does change a few things with the way the game is played however so I would suggest getting used to the standard game before diving into that chaos.

Thanks for your answers. Is it still possible to buy Assault on Ulthuan or Hidden Kingdoms somewhere?

Thanks for your answers. Is it still possible to buy Assault on Ulthuan or Hidden Kingdoms somewhere?

Best to just search around internet and ebay, FFG are no longer allowed to manufacture so whatever stocks are out there are the last ones..