I'm not going to say that I was right...

By Supertoe, in Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

But I was right.

;)

About what?

About what?

The game ending.

About what?

The game ending.

LOL, right

What's sad is that I bought the game when it came out but haven't opened it yet (been sitting in my "new game to try" stack).

Now there's no point as it's already dead.

You mean that the fun is gone because there will be no expansion????

Yeah, I can’t wrap my head around the no expansion/dead and done mindset. I guess it’s a by-product of our current golden age of gaming where everything seems to always have an expansion on the horizon. I grew up gaming in the 80’s on games that had zero expansions and still play/enjoy many of them today. For me, WHQACG will be no different. Even after I’ve done it to death it’ll always have a place as a casual break out game with family and friends. To me it’s just that good of a game even if it's the same quests over and over.

Edited by Dunlander

And most often than not in the 80's, expansions were disappointing.

Still a great game regardless of expansions :)

I've really enjoyed the core game. I even held out buying this for awhile thinking I'm going to wait until this has at least one expansion. Then I had space to fill in an order and it was a really good deal, so I popped it in there and now I'm sad.

I love it....it is sad there wont be more monsters to fight in the future. hopefully fan made cards might appear in the future

Got it yesterday, fantastic game. Sad there won't be any expansions, the game deserved it.

Edited by Gridash

There are several fan-made adventures and adversaries available via the boardgamegeek website. And hopefully there is more to come.

I'm absolutely devastated!!! Just like a month before I played with the thought of buying the expansions but I thought that first I play a bit more with the base classes and then buy them. Now I cant buy it, there is absolutely none left in shops and on ebay they are selling them for 60EUR. I think that this game was amazingly good and I honestly thought that it will be a long and epic journey when I bought it with lots of cool expansions. How can you do that FFG? HOW?

Ask GW...

Is there any possibility that FFG could re-release this game with the necessary changes based on one of their own IPs?

Edited by TalisDiorn

Is there any possibility that FFG could re-release this game with the necessary changes based on one of their own IPs?

Absolutely. They could strip out the Warhammer IP and re-release the exact same game with any other theme.

Actually... anyone could do exactly that. There was a controversial court case earlier this year ( DaVinci Editrice S.R.L. vs. Ziko Games, LLC) that established that game mechanisms are not protected by IP laws.

Edited by KBlumhardt

Absolutely. They could strip out the Warhammer IP and re-release the exact same game with any other theme.

Actually... anyone could do exactly that. There was a controversial court case earlier this year ( DaVinci Editrice S.R.L. vs. Ziko Games, LLC) that established that game mechanisms are not protected by IP laws.

Thanks!

That's what I thought. I sure wish they would do that, and put it in the Runebound Universe. I would be all in on that!!!