Since they are going the TCG route, I hope they go all in!

By rapkannibale, in Star Wars: Destiny

Yes yes I know there is a lot of hate for the business model, but I guess I'm one of the "few" that likes it, so with that out of the way...

Has FFG said anything about some of the features that are more geared at the collectors? I'm talking about booster box toppers with promo cards, holo/foil cards, FA cards, etc.

It is such an awesome feeling when you open a pack a discover you have the super rare cards as a foil or FA card!

I want a tournament series with good prize support, possibly even cash.

There has been no announcements thus far.

Based on FFG's track record, you can expect alternative art cards and acrylic tokens dustributed in prize kits for the organized play program. Beyond that, your guess is as good as anyone else's.

As long as there is good OP events, I'm still all in.

I think there will be some tournament kits with alt art and other items, but remember this is a CCG. Typically the boosters serve as the main form of prize support.

I think there will be some tournament kits with alt art and other items, but remember this is a CCG. Typically the boosters serve as the main form of prize support.

Yep, after a week or two of free to play, come learn how to play the game events; I plan to try and organize weekly tournaments for $5-$10 entry fees that will all be turned into packs for prizes.

bonus packs, standard FFG stuff like alt art cards, playmats, and acrylic tokens would all be cool. I really don't want to see cash prizes. That brings with it a whole other level of generally scumbag-type players that I really don't miss since hopping on the FFG wagon.