Ki Accumulations and Stat Increases.

By lollypopalopicus, in Anima Rules Questions

A question has come up with regards to things like the Ki ability Characteristic augmentation and Physical increase powers.

First there is Improved Characteristic Augmentation from the Dominus Exxet, which allows you to put a chosen characteristic up to +4 its normal value, and only pay one Ki point every 10 turns. Now, this means you could feasibly do this with all of your characteristics and maintain it for a fair bit. That said, you probably wouldn't be using your accumulations that much, for the sake of maintaining it However, combine it with the 3 C.P. into Ki recovery, and you now recover a point every two turns. I think you can by now, see where this is going.

This means you actually recover 1 point every ten turns, even while maintaining this. This effectively means that, for as long as they are awake, they have a semi-permanent +4 to all of the physical characteristics. Combined with stuff like maintaining physical increase Psychic powers, and there is a potential for a level 7 character to have a (assuming they rolled ludicrously well or min-maxed the **** out of themselves in point buy), a constant 15 or 16 physical stat character, with, assuming they have had time to rest since activating said powers, a full ki pool.

Now they wont be using high level techniques, but if they got something like say, improvised techniques, they could pull off some funky **** with those kind of stats.

So, to make my long explanation for why this question came up short, if you get these kind of stat increases, would their Ki accumulations increase from the normal one or two, up to the new three or four, as a result of this?

As a more thematic note, if you were to accumulate the Ki for activating all of these at once, your aura would become visible. Would you run it so that the aura disappears since once activated, the accumulated Ki is used, or would you have the aura remain, as the effect of that Ki is still in use on the character. This could be important, as it might dissuade some players from keeping it active if it meant having their aura visible at all times (though it might have the opposite effect on some players).

Anima Studios have clarified that a character cannot regenerate Ki naturally while maintaining Techniques or Abilities (thank Ciel and Gaira).

Anima Studios have clarified that a character cannot regenerate Ki naturally while maintaining Techniques or Abilities (thank Ciel and Gaira).

Thought that seemed a little overpowered.

Where did they mention this by the way? I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying it it would be nice to check out any other clarifications they have given.

Also, with regards to the part about accumulations, would things like maintained psychic powers increase them?

Edited by lollypopalopicus

I do not know where the original post is, but there is a clarification over at Cipher Studios: http://cipher-studios.com/AnimaBB/index.php

As for Accumulations from Psychic/Magic/Artifact Bonuses, yes, they would apply.