A new preview is up: Is your Strike Team Assembled?

By Rogue Dakotan, in Star Wars: Destiny

Okay: I'm going to make a prediction that the Sith Holocron will not be a meta card (the basic grounds for which are that it has a high chance of doing very little on any given activation and even the best case scenario is conditional resource generation).

Speaking of best case scenarios: A Poe deck can get the falcon into play on turn 1. It needs Poe to roll his special (obv) and for Finn or whoever (speaking of whoever, Padme's dice gets me really excited) to get 1 extra resource. Then you can play the resource side of the falcon and you've got 5 resources to bring the Falcon into play and you can roll it after.

Okay: I'm going to make a prediction that the Sith Holocron will not be a meta card

I think it will be. Speaking of best case scenarios:

play Holocron, roll sp, switch for Mind probe, pay 1, roll sp, play Holocron, roll sp, switch for Mind probe or Force throw, pay 1, roll sp.

And obviously you have 2x Power of the dark side in your deck (once I hit for 8 total during the game).

My opponent already believes Holocron is broken. ;)

Rules question: Can the special of jetpack fire in the absence of a dice with melee damage? I'm currently inclined to say yes as it says "and" rather than "to" like enrage and similar stuff. Thoughts? Agreements? Dissenting opinions?

Also: How should Poe and BB-8's specials interact? The automatic reaction is you just re-roll one other die but it seems reasonable that when something specifically tells you to roll a die that's not in play for you you might do it all the same. (I'm aware that this is a stupid use for BB-8 in the first place but I'm musing)

For Jetpack, the way its worded is Do A and Do B: "remove a die showing melee AND give attached character 1 shield". Based on the wording it will trigger both effects and attempt to resolve both effects separately from the other. If FFG rules it any other way I would be really surprised.

BB-8 and Poe I thought about too. So basically at this point in the game Poe discards BB-8, uses the re-roll special effect. You roll BB-8's die and the other target die. You technically have BB-8's die available to you because its in the "rolled but not expended" zone (i don't know what to call the "already rolled side zone") Once you spend BB-8's die I guess it just disappears since there is no card for it to go back to. But it would at least appear that even though you don't have the BB-8 card on the field, the die roll would stand until spent.

Okay: I'm going to make a prediction that the Sith Holocron will not be a meta card

play Holocron, roll sp, switch for Mind probe, pay 1, roll sp, play Holocron, roll sp, switch for Mind probe or Force throw, pay 1, roll sp.

And obviously you have 2x Power of the dark side in your deck (once I hit for 8 total during the game).

All I have to do is roll Sp 4 times in a row? Isn't there only one Sp per die on these cards? Those are some hefty 1 in 1296 ("Never tell me the odds!") odds. Probably not enough to make a card "broken", or even good.

All I have to do is roll Sp 4 times in a row? Isn't there only one Sp per die on these cards? Those are some hefty 1 in 1296 ("Never tell me the odds!") odds. Probably not enough to make a card "broken", or even good.

Holocron has 2 Sp sides, but you point is valid imo

1 in 324. Way easier ;)

1 in 324. Way easier ;)

Don't get it. 2 special out of 6 faces means 1/3 to roll special on a single die. Rolling special 4 consecutive times is (1/3)^4, which means 1 in 81. Did I miss something?

1 in 324. Way easier ;)

Don't get it. 2 special out of 6 faces means 1/3 to roll special on a single die. Rolling special 4 consecutive times is (1/3)^4, which means 1 in 81. Did I miss something?

only holocron has 2 special sides, the other 2 rolls have a 1/6 chance.

Oh, ok, thanks! Aye, it works. Rather difficult to trigger, then

What do you think of jetpack?

I find it incredibly strong for 2r. Abundance of firepower, shields and quite useful special.

Yet it requires blaster or other shooting hero.

PS: holocron is a waaaay more useful than most of you here think - it breaks dark side resource economy and it cycles if you wish.

Think of it as of Special 33% probable Delivery System for FREE.

It works, but not always :)