Buying/Selling in the Village.

By Obisears, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Hello. I recently bought the Force and Destiny beginner box, and my group and I finished the main objectives. This was our first time ever playing a pen and paper rpg, and despite some fumbling we enjoyed it a lot.

Having beat Malefax and cleansed the temple the village will now buy/sell but my question is what do they have in stock? There is a small list of armor/weapons/items in the 3rd book, but surely this village wouldn't have many of the more advanced items. Definitely not lightsabers. Also what would they offer for the loot taken off the defeated enemies?

Thanks for your help.

That would be up for the game master to decide. There are more complex buying/selling rules, but character's would make an opposed Negotiation vs. Negotiation check. Items would be in the ballpark of 50-75% of their total price, and they would only buy or sell so much.

I'd say the village would have basic medical supplies (stimpacks or equivalent), food (ration pack equivalent), heavy clothes, maybe simpler weapons like combat knives and slugthrowers. I can't remember entirely if the rulebook lists prices for those items, Other basic gear, like climbing gear and glow rods; maybe a tool kit somewhere. It's really up to the game master to decide.

Did you look into the free downloadable adventure, Lure of the Lost? I think it does delve a bit into visiting the village; can't remember if offers a merchant in the village, but the adventure does allow for PCs to get lightsabers.

I downloaded it last night. I'll check it out asap. Thanks for your help!

That would be up for the game master to decide. There are more complex buying/selling rules, but character's would make an opposed Negotiation vs. Negotiation check. Items would be in the ballpark of 50-75% of their total price, and they would only buy or sell so much.

I'd say the village would have basic medical supplies (stimpacks or equivalent), food (ration pack equivalent), heavy clothes, maybe simpler weapons like combat knives and slugthrowers. I can't remember entirely if the rulebook lists prices for those items, Other basic gear, like climbing gear and glow rods; maybe a tool kit somewhere. It's really up to the game master to decide.

Did you look into the free downloadable adventure, Lure of the Lost? I think it does delve a bit into visiting the village; can't remember if offers a merchant in the village, but the adventure does allow for PCs to get lightsabers.

Yeah I am in the same boat as you Obisears. Just finished. If you get the downloadable adventure it talks about all the fun stuff. I believe it said selling items for 1/4 of the cost and with negotiation checks you can sell it for up to 3/4 of the cost. And that they could only offer to sell items with up to a 3 rarity (don't quote me on it)