Does Dracula Revealed Remain Revealed?

By Frobozz, in Fury of Dracula

So, after scouring the rulebook numerous times as well as this forum, I don't see a definitive answer to whether Dracula remains revealed once he's revealed. Here is what I've been able to gather:

Dracula is revealed when a Hunter ends its move in the same location as Dracula. This seems to imply that if Dracula moves into a Hunter's location, he's not revealed (hit and run ambush, so to speak).

The rulebook makes no mention of what happens after Dracula is revealed (no reference to unrevealing or hiding him in future turns). It seems that he remains revealed unless... he uses Escape as a Bat. The wording on this card says Dracula secretly chooses a location no further than two away and puts in one the first space on the track face down. This seems to imply (since it's chosen in secret and placed face down) that he becomes hidden again.

This seems to be the only way Dracula can hide again, but the rules are sadly unclear about this point IMO.

Can someone confirm what I'm asserting here or point me to something I may have missed?

Many thanks

Every time Dracula and a Hunter share the same location, that location is (or remains) revealed.

Revealed locations on Dracula's trail remain revealed until they drop off the trail or until a specific event allows the vampire to flip back facedown a card

Hope this helps

Hi, thanks for the response. I understand the mechancis of revealed locations, but what about revealed Dracula? Or are you saying Dracula is only revealed if he is at a revealed location? If that's the case, then once he moves from a revealed location he would automaticlaly become hidden again as he can't (normally) move to a location of the trail which implies he's moving to a non-revealed location from the location deck.

Exactly. The only way for him to move to a location on the trail is by double-backing that location with one of his power. Otherwise he goes back to unrevealed as a new location is spawned from the deck