Campaign preview article on main page

By Toqtamish, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Noted in the deckbuilding thread, but I'm surprised that we still don't know how much you can alter your deck between scenarios, or at what cost.

We do know you aren't title-restricted though, as some higher level cards apparently have no zero-level versions. So it remains to be seen whether you can swap 0 level for 0 level of a different title, or even from a higher level card to a lower level version so you can upgrade something else instead.

It could also be that all swaps have a minimum XP cost, regardless of whether the new card is an upgrade.

Article does say that deck building will be explored in future articles. Still few weeks to go. Gotta save some previews.

Edited by Toqtamish

Sure does! Was just amusing to me the way they sort of talked around it. I assume intentionally. :)

Hmmm, so they are letting the player(s) decide which route to take in a scenario. Seems interesting for the first or second run. I want to see a more of the "leveled" up cards though.

Hmmm, so they are letting the player(s) decide which route to take in a scenario. Seems interesting for the first or second run.

In this case, it sounds more like a minor tweak to the next scenario than an entirely different path. I would imagine that'll usually be the case, whether driven by choice or circumstance.

Hard to say for sure, though. Something's removed, but is it one of two somethings? Or one of 12 somethings, and not that important? (He said vaguely, to avoid spoilers.)

And it's true that a lot of minor tweaks can make a big difference, of course.

I'd love to see long reaching effects, not just oh hey, this choice changes your immediate playthrough after this one. Even in this case, I could see hey, keeping your house intact makes the next scenario harder... I don't know, the police investigate your house and find something that makes them come after you and hinder your progress, but in the last scenario, by keeping your house standing you remember such and such item you had hidden in there, so you are able to go back and retrieve it to help you for whatever challenge you'll be facing.

Have to keep waiting patiently for a deck building article.

The campaign log they revealed only has the 3 core game scenarios on it. I wonder then if it is going to play like lotr with a box and then 6 packs per story.

Noted in the deckbuilding thread, but I'm surprised that we still don't know how much you can alter your deck between scenarios, or at what cost.

We do know you aren't title-restricted though, as some higher level cards apparently have no zero-level versions. So it remains to be seen whether you can swap 0 level for 0 level of a different title, or even from a higher level card to a lower level version so you can upgrade something else instead.

It could also be that all swaps have a minimum XP cost, regardless of whether the new card is an upgrade.

I'm guessing they'll follow the lotr model for campaigns. I think it'd be odd if you couldn't freely rebuild your deck between scenarios. I mean as long as you stick to the XP rules for cards. It'd be annoying to be saddled with a poorly built deck for an entire campaign.

I don't see how the level 1 glass is better than the level 0?

Well it is cheaper to play and can be returned to your hand when there is no clues left to investigate to free up a hand slot if necessary.

Edited by DarkFate

Isn't that the level 0 glass?

Oh! Forgot about those tiny dots! So it's cheaper to play, and stays in play.

Edited by Bullroarer Took

Isn't that the level 0 glass?

Oh! Forgot about those tiny dots! So it's cheaper to play, and stays in play.

right well, it's free and you can use it as many times as you want, so long as you have a free hand.

Hmmm, so they are letting the player(s) decide which route to take in a scenario. Seems interesting for the first or second run.

In this case, it sounds more like a minor tweak to the next scenario than an entirely different path. I would imagine that'll usually be the case, whether driven by choice or circumstance.

Hard to say for sure, though. Something's removed, but is it one of two somethings? Or one of 12 somethings, and not that important? (He said vaguely, to avoid spoilers.)

And it's true that a lot of minor tweaks can make a big difference, of course.

Need more information! I suppose the "choice" could be entirely dependent on the scenario, with some giving choices and others being more similar to LotR.