Inquisitors and/or Inquisition factions in the Jericho Reach?

By Mr Adventurer, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

Hi all - for a game I'm thinking of, I need to know what Inquisitors and/or Inquisition factions are present in the Reach. Can anyone give me a rundown of who and what is out there, because I can't seem to find anything in the core book except the liaison...

@ Mr Adventurer ...

1. Obviously, the <Ordo Xenos> are the most prominent Inquisition force in the Jericho Reach and within the Jericho Deathwatch ranks.

However, with the wide array of enemies that the Achilus Crusade faces, the <Ordo Hereticus> are attendant in force to keep watch over the worlds that the Crusade holds.

Likewise, with the nature of the Acheros Salient, the <Ordo Malleus> are present; though ultimately they have the "least" (relatively speaking) presence in the Jericho Reach.

2. An overarching and shadow presence to the nature of the Deathwatch series is the possible presence of the <Ordo Chronos> .

3. As for individual Inquisitors, you can find several names within the Deathwatch books:

- a. DW-01: Core Rulebook ~ Lord Inquisitor Hezika Carmillus, <Ordo Xenos>, Inquisitor of the Chamber & Master of the Tower of Brass

- b. DW-02: Game Master's Kit & DW-03: The Emperor Protects ~ Inquisitor Adrielle Quist, <Ordo Xenos>, the foremost field-agent of Lord Inquisitor Carmillus; plays a supporting role in both books' Adventures.

- c. DW-04: Rites of Battle ~ Lists a number of Inquisitors. Not going to go through the list here.

- d. DW-10: Rising Tempest ~ Inquisitor Solace Deschaine, <Ordo Hereticus>, Inquisitor of Shrine World Eleusis; plays a supporting role in Chapter 2.

- e. DW-13: The Outer Reach ~ Delves into The Dark Pattern, and names a few inquisitors.

- f. DW-15: The Emperor's Chosen ~ Names a few inquisitors across the history of the Jericho Deathwatch.

4. While it does not list specifics between the Puritan vs. Radical faction-divide, there are some hints between them.

For example, Lord Inquisitor Carmillus is a Puritan, having successfully denounced and purged Radical Inquisitors, multiple times in her career.

Yet conversely, Carmillus' top agent & former Interrogator/apprentice, Inquisitor Quist, is a quiet Radical. Quist believes that many Xenos-technology (most notably the Tau's) can be made use of, or to raise the technological level of the Imperium, in defiance of the conservative and horse-blinders' beliefs that human-only technology is the pinnacle.

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

Hope this helps.

Edited by pendrake71

I loaned out my book so I can't recall her name but a female inquisitor is very, very concerned about the tyranid invasion and considers it the greatest threat to the imperium. She was even willing to sabotage containment on nid specimens in the fortress to drum up hate for the nids. I could see her advocating allying with the tau against the nids and coming into conflict with ebongrave. I could also see her attracting a lot of followers and sympathizers. So there's a faction for you: The faction willing to ally with the tau.

our favorite member of the ordo chronos is clearly allied with the eldar. So there's another faction.

Some rapidly insane inquisitors may agree with ebongrave that the tau are the ultimate menace. Another faction.

Speaking of the tau, this isn't an inquisition faction but I can imagine a cult of hereteks in the adpetus mechanicus that believes "the machine god cares nothing for the flesh" and believes that it is possible for any and all tech using races to become members of the cult of the machine god. They might be sending covert missionaries to the tau to preach the wisdom of their sect of the cultus mechanicus to them, to reach out to them. Boy, would that raise a few eyebrows in the adeptus mechanicus! (not that most of those gits have eyebrows anymore, of course..)

Maybe the deathwatch comes into contact with this faction when it rescues a captures ethereal tau and tries to return him to the tau as a gesture of goodwill.

Thanks both, some really useful information for me in terms of what might be out there!

Does any of the discussion in those books go into what factions the Inquisitirs are in? Rather than Ordos, I'm thinking of the kinds of things we've seen in Dark Heresy material (especially the various first edition books like the Radical's Handbook, detailing what factions there are and what they think).

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎07 at 4:21 AM, Professor Tanhauser said:

Speaking of the tau, this isn't an inquisition faction but I can imagine a cult of hereteks in the adpetus mechanicus that believes "the machine god cares nothing for the flesh" and believes that it is possible for any and all tech using races to become members of the cult of the machine god. They might be sending covert missionaries to the tau to preach the wisdom of their sect of the cultus mechanicus to them, to reach out to them. Boy, would that raise a few eyebrows in the adeptus mechanicus! (not that most of those gits have eyebrows anymore, of course..)

Maybe the deathwatch comes into contact with this faction when it rescues a captures ethereal tau and tries to return him to the tau as a gesture of goodwill.

That's a really interesting idéa.