Changing the Terrain of the Jail

By Osbo25, in Talisman

Yesterday in game play I changed the terrain of the Jail to a woods. Someone asked the question, "What would happen if you changed the terrain while someone was in the Jail?"

I wasn't sure how to answer it last night. Thinking through it I think the solution would be to let that person move one space and proceed from there. Any other thoughts?

SORRY -- I just realized I didn't post this in the Rules forum. Sorry about that.

Edited by Osbo25

Isn't there a rule out there somewhere that Jail space is specifically immune to terrain cards?

As a side, but related question... what happens when the terrain changes a character's starting space? I assume you just start them on the space anyway, but technically it no longer exists.

To answer OP, I would say that the character is freed without the need of a roll on his next turn. The rules that kept him there, no longer apply.

Edited by chemical22

Isn't there a rule out there somewhere that Jail space is specifically immune to terrain cards?

Yes there is, in the Firelands Rules, pg. 2:

When using The Firelands with The City expansion, Terrain Cards cannot be placed on the "Jail" or "Town Square" spaces of The City expansion board.

Yes there is, in the Firelands Rules, pg. 2:

When using The Firelands with The City expansion, Terrain Cards cannot be placed on the "Jail" or "Town Square" spaces of The City expansion board.

One of those subtle little rules that doesn't come into play for people who don't play all that often. Thanks for pointing it out. I will let my group know.