Dark Heresy 2e: Filth of the Xenos (Online; LFP; Maptools; EST)

By Sugar, in Dark Heresy Play By Mail/Email

You ask why we must cleanse the xenos. I will tell you. The filth of the alien and the witch must be exterminated to preserve the purity of the Human race, lest we degenerate into abomination.

-Witch Hunter Tyrus at the Conclave of Vera

You have all long since been initiated into the Warband of your Inquisitor, of your master. But you've been brought along as newbies and interns. Up till now, your work has mostly subsided of grunt work. But that's all about to change. As you venture into your ship, you're told by your master that you'll be leading the expeditions and investigations to come. With the ship's engines coming online, you brace yourself as you head off to the very edge of galaxy to confront the enemy without number.

This'll be your first chance to really take charge of an expedition, and not even your master seems to know much. You ride along with a Rogue Trader, who's visiting these parts and has a small fleet suitable to both his needs and that of your masters. This is the chance you've waited for, this is why you joined the Ordo Xenos after all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a small disclaimer. While I'm a fan of the Warhammer 40k universe. I'm no master of the fluff, or even the crunch of Dark Heresy 2e (I'm more a fan of Black Crusade personally). So, I'm not going to hold anyone to any super high standard. I will however ask that everyone have a basic understanding of the lore and the world, and the game. I will also admit, that I do disagree with the fluff sometimes, and might/will ignore it and override it with my own, if those bits do come up. Don't ask me to make your character sheet for you, that's your job. You can ask for help, but pull your weight.

That aside... hmmm... Yes. This is a Dark Heresy 2e game, set to the backdrop of the Ordo Xenos. Fairly standard stuff. I like my combat, I like my rolling, but I also like a bit of investigation. Though I will admit being a bit new to the last bit. There might be a decent bit of RP. But I am running a tabletop game, not an RP game. So dice rolling is to be expected. I also like a bit of humor, though I am going to try and go for a bit of a horror flavor to this. That and the usual bits that are expected with it. Even if I'm no master at 40k lore, I do appreciate what this game is going for.

Hmmm. The game itself might evolve later on to something grander. I would like for the game to later evolve into more of a... Rogue Traderesque game. Where the players have a ship, and can do whatever. They could still be Ordo Xenos, but there'd be more freedom. Heck. There might even be some ship combat, if I could transplant and burrow the ship combat rules from Rogue Trader. But, that's in the air and that's for later. For now? This.

Also. While I'm no killer DM, if you're unlucky or get caught with your pants down... enjoy the free get out of jail fate point, and hope it don't happen again.

System: Dark Heresy 2e (the Warhammer 40k RPG))

Mediums: Maptools 1.4.0.5 & Discord (And Skype)

Time: From 6PM EST to around 10-11 PM EST, on Fridays

Frequency: Weekly game, on Fridays

Character Generation: Standard, Roll or PB (your choice)

Books Allowed: All of the DH2e books are fair game. No homebrew.

Party Composition: An Ace Heretek, and a Crusader Psyker (I think?)

Game-Related Homerules: Everyone gets a free Fate Point, that can only be used to heal yourself (burning it to survive a nasty predicament is fine)

My Homerules:

Don't be a jerk, we're here to have a good time

Rule Zero; What the DM says, goes

If you're asking to join. You better join with the intent of sticking around, or to at least try. I deal with enough flakes as is.

To those interested in joining; Say where you found this, and add me on skype at mklsora. I'll show up as Sugar-pup