Beyond Broken Pc's

By Tisis, in Black Crusade Game Masters

I feel for you Tisis.

But rather than fighting fire with fire (i.e. meeting his OP character with OP enemies), I'd suggest a different tack.

Heresy of the highest degree! Ultra heretical! As a devout sisters of battle player, there is no problem that cannot be solved with the use of more fire. If it hasn't gone away then you are not using enough of it and should add more.

Fire solves all problems, period.

Restistance (fire)- Terminator armor-mechanical assimilation and full nurgle alligned

I feel for you Tisis.

But rather than fighting fire with fire (i.e. meeting his OP character with OP enemies), I'd suggest a different tack.

Heresy of the highest degree! Ultra heretical! As a devout sisters of battle player, there is no problem that cannot be solved with the use of more fire. If it hasn't gone away then you are not using enough of it and should add more.

Restistance (fire)- Terminator armor-mechanical assimilation and full nurgle alligned

See previous. Fire solves all problems, if not add more.

Melta bombs, cyclone torpedos, supernova...all count as fire. We just need more of it.

Edited by Calgor Grim

Due to my work schedule, we haven't played in 2 weeks and its looking like it will be at least another week before we start up again. Losing a player due to his new hours at a second job and another player backed out on account of being an douchecanoe. So looks like it will be a while before I get to resolve anything. I've decded to take the story in a new direction; Pc's are all getting to start a new characters. Its the genetic engineering of one pc's ambition to create his own space marines, using the gene seeds from loyalists. It should be fun, taking a break from the absurd scale and bringing it back down to only slightly ridiculous for a while.

I feel for you Tisis.

Melta bombs, cyclone torpedos, supernova...all count as fire. We just need more of it.

I feel for you Tisis.

Do heretics burn better if you bless them first? ;-)

Everything burns better when its blessed first

One scenario I used was to have the players assault an imperial star fortress. Because it was near a vortex, all walls, main doors and bulk heads were considered warded against psionics/demons.

I feel for you Tisis.

I would argue that one should not bless a true heretic. They are beyond saving in this life. The only mercy that is of any use to them, and the only acceptable fate for their ilk, is a death at the hands of the Emperor's servants :P

I feel for you Tisis.

I would argue that one should not bless a true heretic. They are beyond saving in this life. The only mercy that is of any use to them, and the only acceptable fate for their ilk, is a death at the hands of the Emperor's servants :P
:P Edited by AxeSpanna

I suppose it does. Just seems like a waste of time to light the promethium after putting it on the heretic. The Emperor gave us the flamer for a reason, after all! :P

Our friend was playing tzeenchian psyker, and was utterly broken.
He single-handedly killed whole Adeptus Custodes stronghold by becoming immaterial (Flicker power or something like that) and dominating everyone into killing each other. (fettered so no risk of psychic phenomena).

By using Precision Telekinesis, Blade of Balefull Might, Boons of Tzeentch and Sacrifice talent plus Staff of Change he dealt something like 1d10+40 dmg, Warp, Felling 4-8 or more, proven 10. Lightning Attack using Willpower.

Telekinetic armor for defense plus Third Eye of Tzeentch - soak around 40 plus power field 70 plus dodge or precognitive dodge.

Force Storm for killing GUO or two in one casting.

I feel for you Tisis.

But rather than fighting fire with fire (i.e. meeting his OP character with OP enemies), I'd suggest a different tack. Don't look for solutions in the rules - look for solutions in the story.

Change the nature of play to make this nob's character useless. He might be a unstoppable min-maxed cheese tornado in combat; but I'll wager that's all he can do. Good. Spend a few sessions in roleplay-heavy non-combat. Engineer situations where your other players have a chance to shine. Engineer situations where the other players inadvertently screw with his powers/plans.

All of these things are possible. He will eventually either decide that:

1. You suck as a GM. He's going to go join a game where he's allowed to indulge all of his powergaming, rules-lawyering dweebishness; or

2. Yeah. OK. That character's kinda stupid. Maybe he'll tone it down a bit.

Both are wins.

Why would he talk, if he can simply kill everyone?

By using Precision Telekinesis, Blade of Balefull Might, Boons of Tzeentch and Sacrifice talent plus Staff of Change he dealt something like 1d10+40 dmg, Warp, Felling 4-8 or more, proven 10. Lightning Attack using Willpower.

He did the blade one also and yah... it would be warp, felling 5, Proven 6. It made most monsters a joke when combined with Echos of Malice( Using the correct version mind you)

I did have a house rule in place that i called warp churn
Every roll on the phenomenon table added +5 to future rolls in the area cumulative. That really helped keeps the players from pushing too often even though mathematically it didn't do much.

Every roll on the phenomenon table added +5 to future rolls in the area cumulative. That really helped keeps the players from pushing too often even though mathematically it didn't do much.

I am definitely going to use this!

The problem is, they dont have to push. They push only when preparing for the day, and by using Sacrifice talent, the only setback is exploding slave, and having to mop up the floor. When they are buffed they simply kill by using sustained powers. Using powers unfettered only has 10% chance of phenomena, and they with Warp Lock, you can just ignore Perils by making yourself useless for a few rounds.

The problem is, they dont have to push. They push only when preparing for the day, and by using Sacrifice talent, the only setback is exploding slave, and having to mop up the floor. When they are buffed they simply kill by using sustained powers. Using powers unfettered only has 10% chance of phenomena, and they with Warp Lock, you can just ignore Perils by making yourself useless for a few rounds.

True, and my nurgle sorc kept doing the morning buff routine to largely avoid dealing with the churn. But where it got really interesting was when i manipulated the baseline churn before they got there. One tougher map started at -50 churn letting them push like crazy. Other maps, I would have a few npcs pushing to drive the warp churn up fast. That really put the fear of dice into their heads since you don't have to be the caster in order to get body swapped :) .