2016-17 REGIONAL DATES AND LOCATIONS

By Drasnighta, in Star Wars: Armada

Pittsburgh Regional!

Time to defend the title on my home turf. (And invade either Ohio / Maryland)

Pretty sure there's room for more than 20 in Vancouver. Too bad there really isn't another worth driving to. I may not get to play this season.

On second look the BC regional falls on a 4-day weekend for me. That might be s road trip worth taking.

Will Henry run this one for you?

He offered, but I prefer to run the local one.

Pretty sure there's room for more than 20 in Vancouver. Too bad there really isn't another worth driving to. I may not get to play this season.

On second look the BC regional falls on a 4-day weekend for me. That might be s road trip worth taking.

Will Henry run this one for you?

He offered, but I prefer to run the local one.

I appreciate it greatly ^_^ With Dropfleet coming out soon hopefully I can tempt you into a game with my stuff while we discuss regionals!

Come on down to the Phoenix AZ regional!

Spoiled for terrible choices!

(Nothing against you or Arizona, but that's at least a two day trip)

Spoiled for terrible choices!

(Nothing against you or Arizona, but that's at least a two day trip)

I was told by an employee at the Game Kastle in Mountain View, CA that they were going to be hosting a regional. Is FFG only choosing one site per state or is this just the first list with more to be added?

I was told by an employee at the Game Kastle in Mountain View, CA that they were going to be hosting a regional. Is FFG only choosing one site per state or is this just the first list with more to be added?

(Immediately begins checking the Facebook group for Steves)

I really hope they add Mountain View. For those not from the Bay Area, Game Kastle is a local chain in the south bay area, and Mountain View is large enough that they hold regional 200+ person tournaments. Also, one of the clerks is a huge Armada fan, I really thought they'd get an X-Wing event at least.

Nothing on UK yet. I just checked.

No need for anyone else to suffer going on that website

Pretty happy Vegas has one.

My local store said it the last regional game. Thry never explained on that

Might go to Pittsburg, since WV isn't getting one this time.

Pittsburgh Regional!

Time to defend the title on my home turf. (And invade either Ohio / Maryland)

I'm hoping to make it out there and not get my teeth kicked in.

Remember, it's not a final list. More locations are to be added.

That being said... Pittsburgh in February. That screams getting boned with travel plans. :D

Put me onboard with this as well.

As, if this turns out to be final, I have to scratch my head at FFG's strategy of ignoring the largest city in America...

I'm getting reports of quite a few "mistakes" in it, especially on the X-Wing Side.

(Including Calgary X-Wing, since the 'box was told it was the 14th of January, the week after Armada... Not the some date in Feb they have listed)

So keep an eye out for stealthy-type updates.

This would be Great seeing Calgary's X wing Reg and Vans Armada are both Family Day long. Making travel between both mostly impossible(exception,stand by late night flight/Private Jet). Hopefully this date change does happen and I don't have to back out of it last min like the last Armada regional in Calgary :(

Edited by Mattorium

How does one participate in regionals?

How does one participate in regionals?

Generally, You contact the store, pay what is required, and show up on the day.

But follow any rules that they have in regards to that.

Because Regionals are OPEN TO EVERYONE.

This list seems smaller than last year. Sadly the closest regionals are Salt Lake and Vancouver, and I'm in Montana. I was hoping to see Tacoma again so I could hit X-wing and Armada together.

Super sad that GA and NC Regionals are on the same day. I enjoyed meeting the crowd out there in June. Also I have $25 store credit just sitting there....

Totally agree. I was already planning to make the trip from TN to NC for your regional too. Super frustrating. And no KY regional it looks like, so I might have to do GA and MS.

Montana?

Have you considered Hothgary then? :D

I saw the schedule and was pretty disappointed. Hopefully this is just an alpha list, and more will be added as time marches on.

I assume more will be added. I certainly hope so, as currently there is no NY regional and thats crazy.

I think if more are going to be added, its going to be only a couple....

FFG confirmed most of these weeks ago... I mean, there was even a shoutout because one store wasn't able to hold lal of the Star Wars games, so we had to kick around to find another store in Canada to do so... And that was weeks ago.

I think the list is shorter, because the timeframe on kit production is much shorter, too...

And in some cases, (but not all), it is more reflective of regional .

I mean, driving the Queen Elizabeth II Highway in January may or may not be an idiot trap, between Calgary and Edmonton, but really, - we're one Regional - if a decentralised one.

I'd be still trying to get to an Edmonton Regional if there wasn't a Calgary one.

But I am also biased at all of these people in the US who seemed to go to 4, 5, 6, and even 7 Regionals in one case... I mean. Come on, man. Pick a region and be happy :D

I think if more are going to be added, its going to be only a couple....

FFG confirmed most of these weeks ago... I mean, there was even a shoutout because one store wasn't able to hold lal of the Star Wars games, so we had to kick around to find another store in Canada to do so... And that was weeks ago.

I think the list is shorter, because the timeframe on kit production is much shorter, too...

And in some cases, (but not all), it is more reflective of regional .

I mean, driving the Queen Elizabeth II Highway in January may or may not be an idiot trap, between Calgary and Edmonton, but really, - we're one Regional - if a decentralised one.

I'd be still trying to get to an Edmonton Regional if there wasn't a Calgary one.

But I am also biased at all of these people in the US who seemed to go to 4, 5, 6, and even 7 Regionals in one case... I mean. Come on, man. Pick a region and be happy :D

I will be trying for 2 at the very least, in 2 different regions >.>