2016-17 REGIONAL DATES AND LOCATIONS

By Drasnighta, in Star Wars: Armada

Also, so far... It appears that Pennsylvania and Colorado share the "LAST REGIONAL IN THE WORLD" title...

Which I guess means that Colorado is the last, because TimeZones..?

At least until we get everything else unlocked and known.

Ugh. California has been utterly hosed for everyone living north of Los Angeles. The nearest event to San Francisco is clear down in San Diego, and after that Las Vegas.

Which are both, oh so conveniently, on the same day.

Thanks FFG. Thanks a whole bunch. It's not like there are major weekend-long multi-game tournaments for your competitors being held in single stores in Mountain View, or two other FFG regional events being held in Fresno and Sacramento.

Remember, it's not a final list. More locations are to be added.

That being said... Pittsburgh in February. That screams getting boned with travel plans. :D

Ugh. California has been utterly hosed for everyone living north of Los Angeles. The nearest event to San Francisco is clear down in San Diego, and after that Las Vegas.

Thanks FFG. Thanks a whole bunch. It's not like there are major weekend-long multi-game tournaments for your competitors being held in single stores in Mountain View, or two other FFG regional events being held in Fresno and Sacramento.

I know right :(

Weren't there multiple regionals in each state this year? Why aren't they doing that again?

Edited by Ceryliae

Yeah, 3 for the entire west coast, including one in Canada, seems pretty lackluster

Even Tacoma does not have one this time I think.

I find it funny that Tournament season runs from November 12th and Vancouver Regionals is the 11th.

Yes a lot of Doubled Regionals were dropped it seemed...

Tacoma-Vancouver

Edmonton-Calgary

BUT, that may just be because its a shortened season, and there is no Store Championships this year, due to the November-> May Track Changeover.

The email was fronted with:

We have selected and confirmed US and Canadian locations for the 2016 Regional Championships (May Track)!
This championship season will run from November 12, 2016
to February 25, 2017 .
Games will be on one of two Championship Tracks, starting with this season. The tracks are identified by when they hold their World Championship (starting in 2017). While the May Track Regional Championships take place, Store Championships will be offered for games on the November Track.

Yes a lot of Doubled Regionals were dropped it seemed...

Tacoma-Vancouver

Edmonton-Calgary

BUT, that may just be because its a shortened season, and there is no Store Championships this year, due to the November-> May Track Changeover.

Holy crap! They actually have a regional in Maryland!

Weren't there multiple regionals in each state this year? Why aren't they doing that again?

I know at least one of my FLGS is quite upset with FFG's schedule, as it falls right in peak retail season. Sparing staff and space during those times is a big deal for smaller shops....I wonder if that's a common view, or has impacted site availability?

Edited by Maturin

I'm just glad they didn't put another regional way the hell out there on Long Island. Seriously, who is that convenient for other than people that live on Long Island?

I'm just glad they didn't put another regional way the hell out there on Long Island. Seriously, who is that convenient for other than people that live on Long Island?

Hey, it wasn't that far from NEPA for me. Those tolls however...

I think I might attend three of these. Its an odd season for sure, but I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Super sad that GA and NC Regionals are on the same day. I enjoyed meeting the crowd out there in June. Also I have $25 store credit just sitting there....

Pretty sure there's room for more than 20 in Vancouver. Too bad there really isn't another worth driving to. I may not get to play this season.

I can't say I'm a fan of this list. We had regionals in Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio last year. Now just Ohio. It's a shame as I attended regionals at a really fantastic store in Indianapolis last year.

Pretty sure there's room for more than 20 in Vancouver. Too bad there really isn't another worth driving to. I may not get to play this season.

On second look the BC regional falls on a 4-day weekend for me. That might be s road trip worth taking.

On second look the BC regional falls on a 4-day weekend for me. That might be s road trip worth taking.

Will Henry run this one for you?

I don't know who Henry is, but we'll be glad to have you all! :D

Right there with ya

I'm getting reports of quite a few "mistakes" in it, especially on the X-Wing Side.

(Including Calgary X-Wing, since the 'box was told it was the 14th of January, the week after Armada... Not the some date in Feb they have listed)

So keep an eye out for stealthy-type updates.