Undercover Action Card

By chrisdove, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Hi

Question on a scenario that came up the other day.

The Undercover Action Card allows LC or OWK to move from any System when the Empire attempts a mission to challenge it. What happens if the two characters are still in your leader pool, not yet assigned to a mission so not on the board?

Is the Leader Pool classed as the Rebel Base meaning Leaders are always in a System or can the Undercover Card only be used once LC or OWK are on the board?

Cheers

It's my understanding that you'd need them to be on the board, because the Leader pool is not a system, nor is it considered the Rebel Base space.

You can do a real neat combo with that card though: You can move your big Rebel fleet with Lando, then when your opponent attempts a mission you can use Undercover to move Lando there (I think you can even add another leader from your pool, meaning lots of resistance!), and then you can move your fleet again because it's no longer pinned! I surprised an unprepared Imperial fleet that way the other day. Very satisfying.

It's my understanding that you'd need them to be on the board, because the Leader pool is not a system, nor is it considered the Rebel Base space.

You can do a real neat combo with that card though: You can move your big Rebel fleet with Lando, then when your opponent attempts a mission you can use Undercover to move Lando there (I think you can even add another leader from your pool, meaning lots of resistance!), and then you can move your fleet again because it's no longer pinned! I surprised an unprepared Imperial fleet that way the other day. Very satisfying.

Wow, that is evil. Are you sure it is legal? Not having my, well, anything in front of me, I can't look up wording. I'm specifically looking at the double move with the rebel fleet. Just asking for confirmation.

I'm pretty sure it is. The rule is that a fleet cannot be moved out of a system where one or more of your leaders is present. If you're able to remove that leader for whatever reason, then you should be free to move again. It would be the same thing if you moved your fleet, then the Boba Fett mission (capture bounty or something) was done on your leader, which pulled them back to the nearest Imperial system. You no longer have a leader there, so go ahead.

Sounds like a loophole. However, it does sound like a legitimate one. Nice catch

This is indeed a legit tactic. I believe the kids these days call it the "Calrisian shuffle" and it's one of the only ways in the game to move a fleet twice.