Archeotech hull

By Sentreguy, in Rogue Trader House Rules

I've been working on a custom hull for a sort-of "end of campaign" reward for RT. The core concept comes from this picture, courtesy of deviantArt user kill_stereo

archeotech_warship_by_kill_stereo-d463fh

Without further ado, the profile:

-------------------------------------------------

Mortifact-class Archeotech light cruiser
Dimensions: 4.1 km long, .8 abeam at fins
Mass: 22.5 megatons
45,000 crew
8 gravities max sustainable acceleration
It is no small secret that the Imperium of Man has fallen hard. The Dark Age of Technology, and the
wonders it created, far overshadow the technologies available in the 41st Millennium. During that time of
scientific advancement, light cruisers such as the Mortifact could take on small fleets and come out with
barely a scratch. Outfitted with ancient systems and advanced shield systems, the Mortifact is extremely rare
even amongst archeotech, with only a few examples being found in far-flung corners of unexplored space. The risks
in finding these rare vessels are great, but it's advanced systems can decimate entire fleets, and outgun even
the most offensive Imperial Battleships.
Speed: 5
Detection: +20
Armor: 25
Space: 60
Maneuverability: +20
Hull Integrity: 55
Turret Rating: 1
SP: 100 (There is no feasible way of acquiring this vessel, short of it being salvaged from an old space-hulk or provided by the GM as a suitable (large) reward. This ship
cannot be bought in the usual way that starship hulls are acquired, no matter how persuasive the Rogue Trader is. Ships like this are just too rare to be bought!)
Weapon Capacity: Dorsal 2, Port 1, Starboard 1
The Age of Science: This ship has seen many millenia of service or dereliction, with many ancient systems still around on
the aged and well-weathered vessels. This ship has an Archeotech component (cannot be a weapon) already installed, but the millenia
spent in either active use or near-hulking had reduced it's power significantly. Subtract 5 from the hull integrity, reduce
the speed by 1, and Tech-Use tests to repair the ship are made at a -30 penalty. The reductions have already been applied in the profile. The Archeotech component does
not take up space, but power must be provided to it.
Unknown Power: Somehow, the ship can mantain multiple void shields despite being a light cruiser. The ship can take Cruiser-only
void shields
-------------------------------------------------
Most of it is taken from the Secutor ship hull, with some modifications to make it seem more arcane and powerful. Thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

Since this is supposed to be a whole archeotech starship, shouldn't it invariably bring attention of the Priesthood of Mars (that are Adeptus Mechanicus) to the player's rogue trader?

Didn't really get the "age of science" part -- just make it Spd 5 Hull 55 by default with Reliquary of Mars past history and Thulian Explorator Vessel purchasable background package already included in profile (although You might wanna change the word "thulian" for something more appropriate).

And saying that one archeotech component no matter the size is already included may be tricky as that may vary from 0 to 3.

Finally -- was it intensional that You made its pricing very high yet available to super-rich starting parties?

Something i learned a few years ago after researching so much for the RT campaigns ive run. The Max Gravities are tied to the speed of the ship. For each 1VU of speed the ship can travel each turn...it gets approximately 0.5 max acceleration. So a ship with a speed of 5 gets 2.5 max gravities acceleration and a ship with a speed of 8 ( like a destroyer ) would have max accel of 4 gravities ( again approximate ) IF you look in the RT Corebook at the Hulls section ( pg 194-196 ) You can see the ratio in each of the hulls between max speed and max gravity acceleration ( something i noticed is that cargo haulers tend to get slightly less than average max accel while the raiders etc ( IE attack ships ) get slightly higher than average max accel ratios.

I like the pic of the ship. I would like to see that one fully 3d rendered out. It would be a very sharp looking ship.

On 11/22/2016 at 3:23 PM, Alex Cube said:

with Reliquary of Mars past history and Thulian Explorator Vessel purchasable background package already included in profile (although You might wanna change the word "thulian" for something more appropriate).

Or "Planet-Bound for Millennia".

On 3/16/2018 at 6:11 PM, Cobramax76 said:

Something i learned a few years ago after researching so much for the RT campaigns ive run. The Max Gravities are tied to the speed of the ship. For each 1VU of speed the ship can travel each turn...it gets approximately 0.5 max acceleration.

it could be fun if translated to Attack Vector:Tactical.

But in my table, while Mov/a rates 1.7-2 are most common, they vary from 1:1 for Soulcage to 5:1 for Necessary Expenditure (Exchequer); Universe Mass Conveyor has 4:1 (Mov 2, 0.5 g), Iconoclast 1.39 (Mov 10, 7.2 g).

Edited by TBeholder
4 hours ago, TBeholder said:

Or "Planet-Bound for Millennia".

it could be fun if translated to Attack Vector:Tactical.

But in my table, while Mov/a rates 1.7-2 are most common, they vary from 1:1 for Soulcage to 5:1 for Necessary Expenditure (Exchequer); Universe Mass Conveyor has 4:1 (Mov 2, 0.5 g), Iconoclast 1.39 (Mov 10, 7.2 g).

The transport types always get worse movement ratios than attack ships do for obvious reasons...hence why i said approximately. Because it does vary.