Characters in this beginner box?

By Ebonwarlock, in The Force Awakens Beginner Game

Quick question I was asked at my FLGS when contemplating running this for some new players (It's not out in Australia yet) Are there only four characters in the beginner box? Are there plans for additional PDF characters like the other beginner boxes?

So far it looks like the 4 in the box are the only ones available. It would be nice to get 2 more, but they haven't shown up in the support page, yet.

Has anyone taken a closer look at these?

The Explorer looks wrong I think if designed properly they might have to drop one of the listed skills unless they indicate they've purchased more obligation!

Need to find out which book lists the Abednego or whatever its called, the pilot seems okay except Grit is a Gunner talent and Skilled Jockey is a Pilot talent.

As for the Soldier I'm not sure if its supposed to be a Sharpshooter or a Commando oh and Feral Strength along with Toughened are Commando talents with that first one actually costing 15 not 5...

Was there some errata they haven't mentioned about these?

Abedneno have not been publish yet. The PC was created specifically for the beginner box.

I haven't received my copy of the TFA BB but it sounds like they follow the same rules as the other beginner box characters.

That is to say, they do not use standard character creation rules described in the core rulebook. The devs just give the characters what they need to get the feel the want for that character.

That is to say, they do not use standard character creation rules described in the core rulebook. The devs just give the characters what they need to get the feel the want for that character.

Pretty much, though I think the EotE pre-gens were the worst offenders by a country mile, especially the two Humans.

The AoR pre-gens are fairly close, as long as you assume that they've got extra credits from choosing the base option as their starting Rebellion Resource.

FaD pre-gens aren't too bad, except for the trio that start out with basic lightsabers.

Been tempted to sit down and actually try to recreate the various Beginner Box pre-gens using regular character creation rules, but simply never got around to it for sake of generally having something more interesting come up.

Where are the usual two extra character folios for this game? The other Beginner Boxes have had 2 extras as PDFs in the Support section when the games were released, allowing us to choose between 6 pre-gen characters.

I've had FABB for more than a week now and we're going to play next week and yet no extra folios are in the support section. If FFG doesn't release them soon, we'll be done before they appear.

Any word on when they might be posted?

I have processed the beginner characters I have through character creation before (I haven't yet gone over these new ones though), and have found that all of them are completely legal as far as characteristics and skills go. The trick is that they all have a "hidden" specialization. Actually, some of them don't have enough skills. The gear is where they "cheat," usually, although I think a lot of that can be pulled off as well. Likewise, the mini-talent trees don't really mesh, but that can be excused.

Where are the usual two extra character folios for this game? The other Beginner Boxes have had 2 extras as PDFs in the Support section when the games were released, allowing us to choose between 6 pre-gen characters.

I've had FABB for more than a week now and we're going to play next week and yet no extra folios are in the support section. If FFG doesn't release them soon, we'll be done before they appear.

Any word on when they might be posted?

Doesn't look like we're getting additional characters.

Usually those are posted at about the same time that the follow-up adventure is, if not before. That and the token sheet only has 4 tokens with a PC-style character image; the rest match up too closely to NPCs from the adventure and rulebook to be used for PCs.

Quick question I was asked at my FLGS when contemplating running this for some new players (It's not out in Australia yet) Are there only four characters in the beginner box? Are there plans for additional PDF characters like the other beginner boxes?

Where are you in Australia Ebonwarlock? I picked up the box at Games Paradise on Pitt St, Sydney on Tuesday. They should have more copies? AUD50.00

Morning Andreievitch! I'm in Melbourne but my FLGS actually got it in the very next day. So it looks like we only have the 4 characters so I guess I'll have to include a couple from the previous beginner box sets and just re-do the background stories to fit this set's story.

Edited by Ebonwarlock

I would like to hear what you come up with.

Morning Andreievitch! I'm in Melbourne but my FLGS actually got it in the very next day. So it looks like we only have the 4 characters so I guess I'll have to include a couple from the previous beginner box sets and just re-do the background stories to fit this set's story.

I don't know if you've got the Force and Destiny Beginner's Box, but Bormo (from TFA boxed set) makes adding Force Sensitives into the backstory fairly easy. Whether you use him or not, his backstory essentially tags Tuanul as a camp composed mostly of followers of the Church of the Force.

the pilot seems okay except Grit is a Gunner talent and Skilled Jockey is a Pilot talent.

As for the Soldier I'm not sure if its supposed to be a Sharpshooter or a Commando oh and Feral Strength along with Toughened are Commando talents with that first one actually costing 15 not 5...

The talent trees in the Beginner Boxes have always been a conflation of the career's different specializations. They want you to get a feel for the career, and so will present a truncated tree that has a smattering of talents from all different specializations in the career.

I really wish we had extra characters. I have six people in my group.

12 hours ago, allenshock said:

I really wish we had extra characters. I have six people in my group.

Well, if you've got the EotE or AoR Beginner Boxes, you can pretty much use those characters to flesh out the list of PCs, just that you'd need to tweak the backstory to explain why they're on Jakku or generally getting involved in the adventure.

The FaD PCs could work to, just with the problem that none of the TFA Beginner Box encounters are designed to handle a PC with a lightsaber, so you'll probably want to disallow the Guardian, Sentinel, and Warrior pre-gens as they all start out with a basic lightsaber.