First Scenario Barrier Question (Spoilers)

By lordepyon, in Mansions of Madness

I have only played this scenario one time, but my guess is that this event happens each time. Once you walk into the mansion, you hear a crash in the other room and are shown that a barrier could be used to block off the door. Instead of going into the room and see what caused the noise, we just blocked the door right away with the barrier. I believe 2 turns later the app tells us that a monster appears from the room where the noise happened.

Do we spawn this monster and leave the barricade still in place, OR does this monster appear off the board and need to break through the barrier?

Thanks!

As the rules are currently written, the monster spawn completely ignores the barrier. But general consensus, from a thematic standpoint, you can houserule one of the following options. 1) Just as you stated, Spawn the monster behind the barricade and have it try to break through. OR 2) Have it automatically break through the barricade during spawn (a bit less fair, but quite an epic entrance).

Well, he spawns there, so no barrier interaction occurs.

With the newest patch they fixed that problem by saying that if the barrier is in the way it should be discarded. However i dont know what happens if the butler flees while the barrier is blocking. That might be a thematic problem also.

With the newest patch they fixed that problem by saying that if the barrier is in the way it should be discarded. However i dont know what happens if the butler flees while the barrier is blocking. That might be a thematic problem also.

Great thank you!