Adjacent, range and app wording problem

By Criese, in Mansions of Madness

I had a situation in the first scenario where it instructed a monster to move two spaces to be adjacent to a player and then attack. The rules say that a space behind a door or wall is adjacent but not in range. The app gave two options. The monster attacks. And can not move to be adjacent. So I think something should be changed here because it can move to be adjacent but can't attack because the investigator is behind a door. I have pictures of the board and app if further description is needed. Thoughts?

I just finished solo-playing first scenario (again), and I would like to know the answer to this too.

Also, if you click "can not move to be adjacent" the app instructs you to move the monster 2 spaces. Does this mean it moves 4 spaces this turn, or should you ignore the first move since it couldn't move to become adjacent?

Agreed that it could be worded a bit better. As far as the 2nd question, you wouldn't move the monster 4 spaces. It instructs you to move to be adjacent, but if you can't move to be adjacent, then you just move toward the closest person 2 spaces.

I have been treating it like the monster gets 2 actions, like the investigators. The monster moves 2 spaces and attacks if an investigator is in range, but moves an additional 2 spaces if there is not.

I have been treating it like the monster gets 2 actions, like the investigators. The monster moves 2 spaces and attacks if an investigator is in range, but moves an additional 2 spaces if there is not.

This is correct. Best advice I can give: follow the instructions in the app without thinking there's a missing part. Some monsters move and attack, some others move, and move, and attack, some monsters attack within range, some monsters attack melee, and so on. Simply follow what the app says, and you'll be safe