New to location, looking for game.

By Radwraith, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

It seems my work will have me in western WI (Near La crosse) for awhile. Looking for a group or people willing to form one in the area. Can play or Gm.

If you are a redditor you might try r/lfg, r/40krpg, or your local area's subreddit should one exist.

Maybe a facebook post?

Or look for the nearest FLGS near you and try there.

Try using meetup man. That's how I found my group. Dark Heresy is a hard to find good people for.

You're moving way too fast. You can't just throw down Dark Heresy and expect people to take you up on it. You have to ease them into it, get them used to the idea. Make friends in the area and start them on easy traditional games like board games. Then graduate to improv-style board games to get them used to using some creativity while gaming. Soon it will become second nature to them. Then get them on a simple RPGs that doesn't scream 'D&D basement dweller' like Fiasco or Microscope. Then, when they've finally become roleplayers without even realizing it, whip out the book and reveal they've been heretics all along.

If nothing pans out Rad - you're always welcome to play or listen in on my game on Saturdays...

You're moving way too fast. You can't just throw down Dark Heresy and expect people to take you up on it.

GM: "Okay, in this game, the galaxy is ruled by an oppressive regime of religious fanatics who will gladly sentence a whole planet to death at the slightest sign of deviation from official dogma- basically Space Nazis, dialed up to 11."

Prospective Player: "Oh, so we play 'freedom fighters' trying to overthrow this horrible government?"

GM: "No no no- the Space Nazis are the good guys! You are trying to maintain the status quo- hey ! Where are you going?"

GM: "Okay, in this game, the galaxy is ruled by an oppressive regime of religious fanatics who will gladly sentence a whole planet to death at the slightest sign of deviation from official dogma- basically Space Nazis, dialed up to 11."

Prospective Player: "Oh, so we play 'freedom fighters' trying to overthrow this horrible government?"

GM: "No no no- the Space Nazis are the good guys! You are trying to maintain the status quo- hey ! Where are you going?"

Player: "And this game is called what?"

GM: " The Aristocrats! "