Dice Pack....

By Impish1234, in Mansions of Madness

....i (we) need more dies.......

Agreed whole heartedly.

Agreed, but they are not coming - I asked during testing. The answer I got was the same the developer gave us for the scenario editor for fan material: start a petition here and on BGG. If there's enough demand for dice, the company could consider putting these in production (beware of "could", this doesn't mean that automatically we'll have the dice pack, but that they could think about it)

This is FFG. If they can find a way to make money from us, they will. Expect the dice pack announcement any day now! :)

Alternatively, spend a few bucks on some blank dice, mark them up like the MoM ones, and save yourself a fortune when they are finally released!

This is FFG. If they can find a way to make money from us, they will. Expect the dice pack announcement any day now! :)

Read the post above...

I am a little surprised that they seem reluctant to sell extra dice. I can understand some doubts about a scenario generator as it may impact their own plans, but dice wouldn't have the same effect. The only thing that I can think of is that they are relatively expensive to produce, although they must be making loads for inclusion in the game itself so extras wouldn't be too difficult I would have thought. Maybe they have all the current sets earmarked for inclusion on the box, so it might require another production run and they are worried that a high cost would leave them with unsold inventory.

The rule in the guide says clue, fire and darkness tokens are not limited by box content, but all others are limited to what you have in the box. Does this include dice?

I am a little surprised that they seem reluctant to sell extra dice. I can understand some doubts about a scenario generator as it may impact their own plans, but dice wouldn't have the same effect. The only thing that I can think of is that they are relatively expensive to produce, although they must be making loads for inclusion in the game itself so extras wouldn't be too difficult I would have thought. Maybe they have all the current sets earmarked for inclusion on the box, so it might require another production run and they are worried that a high cost would leave them with unsold inventory.

I think this is likely. If the runs of dice production go into the minimum supply of say hundreds of units and there are a handful of fans wanting them, FFG could be stuck with a large excess.

Will the dice packs sell? Definitely! However... will they sell ENOUGH for it to be financially viable to FFG? Totally different question :)

A separate thread has been created as per the FFG suggestion, with a petition for numbers of purchasers of such a pack. Lets get the numbers high folks please :D

The rule in the guide says clue, fire and darkness tokens are not limited by box content, but all others are limited to what you have in the box. Does this include dice?

Nope, they are not. Someone at BGG also provided a rules-savyy explanation of this, but regardless of the point in the reference where this is hinted at, dice are not capped