Expanding Star System Generation

By ChaosStone, in Rogue Trader House Rules

Hello folks.

I thought my first post would be something constructive and useful for others.. So i thought I'd post up an extra table you can use to assist generating Star Systems. Much like the Tables you find in the new and excellent Game Masters Kit.. . It's nice they kept them vague and it's perfect for planting the seed of an idea for the next location your brave ship and crew will visit. But me.. I like LOTS of tables, crunchy crunchy tables.

Table 1.a Location Location Location (This table is to compliment the beginning of creating a star system and may intersect with some of the ideas in the GM's Kit.)

1-3: Normal Space

Bright stars shine from the depths of space down on this system. no other extra solar phenomina are visible beyond the black of space and pinpricks of light.

4-5 Corridor

Space dust or thick, nearly impassable particle fields surround the entry of this star system, weather in an outer ring or sphere around the system, or something more massive.. there is only a handful of safe passages through into this system while in normal space.

6 Nebula depths

The system is a mote deep within the dangerous embrace of a vast steller nursury the sky is a multi colored blot all around and venturing outside the gravitational field of the system can be very hazardous

7 Pocket of Darkness

Nothing shines here save the single star.. and even then it's brightness is far diminnished.. all worlds, even ones close to the star are in perpetual twighlight..perhaps dark things lurk in these benighted worlds..

8-9 Sister Star

The system has two stars ( Roll twice to determine one kind in the GM Tool Kit, re-roll results of 10) The twin stars pull thier orbiting planets in odd directions making life difficult and even disasterous.. Mutations will be far more commonplace here due to the ever changing nature of this binary system.

10 To Close for comfort..

Something dangerous lurks in the near space of this system.. only light minutes away from the most outer object in system is a baleful force of nature.. A black hole, or a blot of darkmatter that tugs and pulls at the system.. perhaps the anomoly is visible as a great pillar of energy that lances through space like a line of light.. Perhaps a new Warp Rift is forming and the system is to one day be swollowed up as it expands..