TEKs repaints.

By TheEasternKing, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

I have managed to get the time in to do another Armanda model, and here it is.

Gladiator%20one_zpsyofu6wsl.jpg

Gladiator%20two_zpshicsgnbq.jpg

I took my inspiration for this from reading the Soul Hunter trilogy about the Night Lords, their ships are described as in midnight clad, and bronze.

Base coat :

DSC_0304_zps7pchmm8r.jpg

Kantor/Hoeth mix (leftside)

DSC_0308_zps5utqkolw.jpg

all edging and lining done, before neatening the lining in black, and then washing in the blue ink.

DSC_0309_zps43in6hhk.jpg

Edited by TheEasternKing

Wow, that GSD looks really sinister. Great job!

Wow, that GSD looks really sinister. Great job!

Thanks, I was going for dark & menacing, probably going to take a leaf out of mighty Vykes book and do a few more Imperial ships in this scheme to make a battle group.

Just so all my work is in one place.

DSC_0206_zps1rpjmuff.jpg

I like the idea of the blue highlights to bring out the details on a black model. Did you experiment with any other colors? What specific technique did you use for that (I'm assuming dry brush)? Can you take a pic of the hangar bays please? I'd love to see what you did for those. I'm probably going to paint a Gladiator next after several squadrons and a CR90 are completed. I don't paint fast haha.

Nice work!

I like the idea of the blue highlights to bring out the details on a black model. Did you experiment with any other colors? What specific technique did you use for that (I'm assuming dry brush)? Can you take a pic of the hangar bays please? I'd love to see what you did for those. I'm probably going to paint a Gladiator next after several squadrons and a CR90 are completed. I don't paint fast haha.

Nice work!

I'm off out in a min, but I have a few pics I took of the painting process, I will upload them later and link them.

Basically I sprayed it black, then used a very dark blue to begin, I used Kantor Blue and used some Vallejo thinner to, hmm thin it slightly, then painted that direct onto the plates, but only near the edge areas, then I highlighted that with a Kantor Blue, Hoeth Blue mix, same deal as the base coat, just into a smaller area to give the paint a grading look, then I mixed the Hoeth Blue with White to really brighten it up, and then lined all the edge areas with it, and the trick is don't worry about it being to thick (the line), you can always just mix a little Kantor/Hoeth again and thin the line on the edge or to straighten them out.

So at least half of the model I just left black from the base coat spray, once I was done highlighting all the edges and planes, I washed the whole thing in Drakenhof Nightshade. Once that was dry, I picked out the bronze (Runelord Brass) and then gave that a highlight on the edges with Fulgurite Copper.

Hanger bays on the sides?

That blue and gold one looks fantastic. Make an entire fleet with this style! It kind of reminds me of WH40K.

Yeah, there are the hangar bays on each side and the big one on the front between the prongs. At least I think of them as hangar bays. Thanks for the details!