Have I Been Playing This Game Incorrectly?

By Luminoxor, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Hi Everyone -

Curious about a rules issue when battling. The general question is this: If a participating unit in a battle is exhausted, can it still take damage from another, non-exhausted, participating unit that's defending against it?

I'll give this specific example:

Leia Organa (set 10) is in an engagement with Fleet Officer (set 10) and they're up against Emperor's Royal Guard (set 23) and an ISB Officer (set 215). Light side wins the edge battle. Leia strikes first, dealing one unit damage to the royal guard and then placing a tactics icon on the royal guard. The ISB officer then strikes back, shooting and killing Leia. Can the Fleet Officer then strike and deal one more damage to the Royal Guard (even though it is already focused?).

Hope this example makes sense. The rules book is unclear to me on this concept -- I always assumed if you're participating in battle - you're still eligible to take damage even if you're exhausted, but I might have been playing wrong!!!

Yes he is still participating the focus just represents he can't strike, he is exhausted.