Guide to the Calixis Sector

By wabbitking, in Dark Heresy

I was looking through wikia when I found a bunch of planets with the source being a pdf called guide to the calixis sector I was wondering if anyone could direct me to it.

No, "The Guide to Calixis Sector" is a PDF created by Black Industries before FFG. ENCYCLOPAEDIA CALIXIA is this tread and References Calaxia is Encyclopaedia conversion to Excel by wolph42

Yeah, what he said. I used to have a link to it in my Encyclopaedia Calixia , but it's no longer active. My web-fu turned up nothing, and the Dark Reign fansite doesn't seem to exist anymore. I have a hard-copy printout of it somewhere, but I hate typing too much to try to reconstitute it...

On a related note, be sure to check out glyph21 's Planet Glossary - very useful for 'filling in the blanks'.

Edited by Adeptus-B

okay I lied I no longer have the guide to the calixis sector as a pdf on my computer. I do have the The Calixis Sector Encyclopedia a 40pg document

okay I lied I no longer have the guide to the calixis sector as a pdf on my computer. I do have the The Calixis Sector Encyclopedia a 40pg document

thanks anyway.

So here's what I found.

Basically the Lexicanum as usual is a heap of lies and heresy.

There isn't a pdf called "The Guide to the Calixis Sector:

That's what Black Industries called the sector page they had on their site with all the fan created information on it before FFG got the license.

When that got taken over FFG didn't copy all the information (likely rites issues) just the planet list.

Some fans got together and copied all the relevant planet information (stuff about government and inquisition stuff made it word for word into the core rulebook) and made "The Calixis Sector Encyclopedia"

That's only missing the information on Tranch, which I found using the wayback machine for www.blackindustries.com

tl;dr don't trust sources from Lexicanum. Ross Watson knows what he's talking about, and rpggeek has a really good summary of Dark Heresy 1st edition on it apparently.