Questions about Cycle of Eternity Variability (SPOILERS)

By Drakthal, in Mansions of Madness

Hi Everyone

So my gaming group and I just had our first run with MoM and got out with the evidence after killing the cultist and their spawn. However afterwards i was wondering two things.

Is there in the mission other Epilogues than the generic "Someone Died" or the "You won and were awesome"? For example can the ritual actually be completed by the cultists and thereby letting the heroes lose that way?

Had hoped that killing the special character "Dont want to spoil too much" would have given a special endresult.

Best regards Drakthal

There are different endings in the scenarios, according to different key markers you may or may not have found. There are also time triggers for specific events, and a clock giving investigators X turns to complete the mission. So, there's actually a lot going on in each scenario

I know that is the case for at least some missions, i was just wondering whether that was actually the case also for the basic mission :)

Ive played twice now and never completed it the way you said. I always ended up doing things with the ritual :P

Edited by Llez

Yeah, all scenarios have a certain replayability. The introductory one, being possibly the one that will be played the most of the 4 (different groups to introduce to the game, shortest playing time, and so on) has quite a replayability

I've also played the intro scenario twice and been pleasantly surprised that the map was slightly different each time.

So, there's actually a lot going on in each scenario.

...or, the minimum required, depending on how you look at it.

So, there's actually a lot going on in each scenario.

...or, the minimum required, depending on how you look at it.

Half glass full, half glass empty, of course

Yeah, all scenarios have a certain replayability. The introductory one, being possibly the one that will be played the most of the 4 (different groups to introduce to the game, shortest playing time, and so on) has quite a replayability

Hmm, played this one 3 times so far, and the map was the same twice, and only once was it different.

Hmm, played this one 3 times so far, and the map was the same twice, and only once was it different.

It's random, not sequential, so that it could happen that you get duplicates before finding the new ones. If you don't like the map, you can always restart the scenario