Did anyone else notice that Blood Moon was live on Saturday?

By Osbo25, in Talisman

I was surprised when I saw that Bloom Moon was playable on the Digital Edition on Saturday, August 6, 2016. I got to play two games with it. (Well, one full game and one partial game because the first one crashed.)

I am VERY impressed with the graphics on it. The visual effects when it switches to night are really cool.

Did anyone else see it and/or play it? I noticed that it was no longer active on Sunday, August 7.

I haven't looked through the Blood Moon expansion by itself in quite a while, but it seemed to me that there were cards in the Digital Edition that aren't in the print version. Does anyone have any information on this?

It went live last Thursday and it should still be there, I haven't seen any new cards yet though.

It went live last Thursday and it should still be there, I haven't seen any new cards yet though.

I had a feeling it might have been up earlier, but I didn't have opportunity to play prior to Saturday. But when I went to play it again on Sunday I no longer had the option to select it.

Now, I never bought the Season Pass, so I don't automatically get the new content when it is released. Perhaps that makes a difference. But I still can't purchase it yet.

when i bought the season pass i saw it halfway as charity/supporting a game i liked with more than actual value but at the rate they are coding expansions it has turned out to be a great buy!

I'm still never sure when it's night/day, i didnt think the game needed more ways to prematurely die (somehow i keep rolling 2 vs that ******* werewolf) but doomsayer has always been a favorite character so there's that:)

It's still on for me.

Edited by Rawsugar

I got it for the android app through Google play. I've had it all since the core set was released. Bloodmoon is great and works brilliantly. When it's night the board darkens and you get a sound effect and when it's daytime the board lightens with a cock crowing effect.

As far as I know and I've read this somewhere I'm sure but for the digital version of Talisman they review the art on the cards because they are able to show more of the picture on the digital version than on the cards. Looking at the actual cards shows that quite often the picture is shrunk into a small area at the top in order to accommodate the card text. When they do this on the digital they sometimes replace the art or you're just seeing it in a fuller picture. Either way it's a great transition from board to digital. I play both versions of the game and enjoy them immensely.

I love the bird sound effects that differentiate Day and Night (Rooster fit Day, Owl for Night).

Im enjoying it. Needed this to make the DE more interesting.

I love the bird sound effects that differentiate Day and Night (Rooster fit Day, Owl for Night).

Thanks! I made those myself.

I picked it up as soon as I saw it as well. Very awesome addition to DE. Also many thanks Nomad for allowing custom selection of Alt. Endings available for a game. My friends and I have to be in the right mood for the Horrible Black Void to be a possibility :lol:

I picked it up as soon as I saw it as well. Very awesome addition to DE. Also many thanks Nomad for allowing custom selection of Alt. Endings available for a game. My friends and I have to be in the right mood for the Horrible Black Void to be a possibility :lol:

It was because of that ending that we added that feature.

From the standpoint of Talisman Lore, the Horrible Black Void is my absolute favorite alternate ending. Every game of Talisman is a story, and sometimes a story ends very very badly. When the Horrible Black Void is drawn, the story becomes a world where the Crown of Command was nothing but a tall tale, a legend, a myth. This promise of riches drove warriors to desperate and harrowing acts, only to kill them in the end. What a fantastic story!

That being said, drawing the Horrible Black Void sucks.

From the standpoint of Talisman Lore, the Horrible Black Void is my absolute favorite alternate ending. Every game of Talisman is a story, and sometimes a story ends very very badly. When the Horrible Black Void is drawn, the story becomes a world where the Crown of Command was nothing but a tall tale, a legend, a myth. This promise of riches drove warriors to desperate and harrowing acts, only to kill them in the end. What a fantastic story!

That being said, drawing the Horrible Black Void sucks.

We just need Timescape.