Figures and Tiles from 1st edition are gonna be sold separetely, +1st edition content based scenarios confirmed

By John Constantine, in Mansions of Madness

yDVXPqi9dv0.jpg

iDqiuH826b8.jpg

John,

what about a longer title? :P :p :P

Anyhoo, on BGG a guy posted that it was stated by FFG that each of these items will come with a free scenario. This means that owners of 1st edition will have the new scenarios for free. Not bad, I'd say!

They call me Long John.

Just looking at these pictures makes me happy. If only I could buy them today! Anyone know of an ETA?

John,

what about a longer title? :P :P :P

Anyhoo, on BGG a guy posted that it was stated by FFG that each of these items will come with a free scenario. This means that owners of 1st edition will have the new scenarios for free. Not bad, I'd say!

Presumably because if you click "own this" in the app it will open the free scenario.

Im hoping that rather than some kind of in box redemption code that would allow new purchasers the scenario but not 1st ed owners.

I dont think FFG would do it that way really.

:)

Alex,

if you check the thread I opened on BGG about the new announcements for Mansions, you'll see a guy posted he asked FFG at GenCon. Scenarios will be free for owners of 1st edition

I was kind meh on this game at first. When descent 2nd Ed people were buying 1st Ed monsters for huge markup with the conversion kit, I thought here we go again when I saw 2nd ed of MoM would have a conversion kit. But this makes it 99.8% likely that I will get into this game. I love that they'll let those of us who sat out catch up at a reasonable price.

Edited by flightmaster101

Thanks Julia.

Personally Id like the original 1st ed expansions but am still happy aboit these releases as they should put some control over ebay prices :)

Edited by alexbobspoons

Thanks Julia.

Personally Id like the original 1st ed expansions but am still happy aboit these releases as they should put some control over ebay prices :)

Exactly. It should help a lot avoiding crazy pricing of out of production items

One thing that I would like to know is whether this new Print of Call of the Wild will have all of the features that the old one did? If you won't be getting most of the cards that came with the old version, what good would this do if you decided to play the 1ed of Mansions?

the 2nd Edition is wow, but you won't see me getting it soon. I liked being the keeper, and I've downloaded the app of the 2nd edition and just went through the steps to check it out. I have to say that the game has become heavy app dependant. it would seems that you basically play on the app and not the actual board game. Which for me removes the whole idea of a board game experience.

As these packages merely contain the material needed to play within second edition, you won't get much out of this as a 1st edition afficionado.

The only way to utilize these for 1st edition is if you already own each box of first edition and want a second set of monster miniatures and floortiles from each set.

These sets are for second edition, only have fisrt edition "components" so are not intended to be 1st ed compatible.

EDIT: Gah Ninja,d :)

Edited by alexbobspoons

Are these going to be updated or will the be identical to the 1e components?

From what people have seen so far, it looks like the tiles will be slightly updated.

- The tile names will now be color coded to indicate indoor vs outdoor tiles (to match 2nd edition)

- Line of sight dots are removed