mansion and madness first edition thoughts For moving forward

By yosefnbender, in Mansions of Madness

I've invested a lot of time energy and resources into building my mansion And madness ver 1 Game. I have created several of my own scenarios, made an entire 3-D set for all the rooms, painted all my miniatures have collected many other miniatures, purchased all the expansions. Made my own cards etc.

So I just saw edition 2 with the app now I love computer-assisted board gaming I think it's the wave of the future the way you can get complexity and playability in a single game something that has always been a battle for game designers, do we a dumb downed game, so that it's playable, or do I make it realistic but only a super geek will want to spend the time to learn the rules to play. So I applaud fantasy flight for going in the direction that in the end will bring far more gamers to board gaming through simple playability and yet the computer handling all the complexity.

The downside of this is the established gaming community likes to add their creative juices to games house rules for almost every boardgame exists and that's how you get dedicated audiences. Computer interface and gaming has had great success when there is a way for people like me to be able to design their own game community scenarios. The app designers can create a designer module that would allow land-based community to build their own adventures, then posting online their scenario opens up so much more possibility that beyond the initial development of the software fantasy flight games so much content for no work.

Finally there is a game where I don't have to be the keeper and I can enjoy the aspects of an investigator I've never been able to play an investigator because I'm always to keeper the possibilities have me excited.