Videos of minis and info.

By Toqtamish, in Runewars Miniatures Game

Oh cool, I think that dude with the manly moustache is actually a playable hero in Descent. Lord Look-At-The-Size-Of-My-Sword or somesuch.

No idea. In other games I usually see one stat card for the mounted version and a different stat card for the unmounted version. You may be able to field three different ways (again based on what I've seen in other games):

1. Just unmounted

2. Just mounted, when he dies he's dead

3. Both, when the mounted version dies replace with unmounted version

Theoretically there might be a version where you can separate into a mount figure and an unmounted figure but I don't expect this.

Video says there's an unmounted version of the bonehorror-rider too.

That would be the Necromancer right beside him, he looks exactly like the Necromancer riding the bonehorror.

Video says there's an unmounted version of the bonehorror-rider too.

That would be the Necromancer right beside him, he looks exactly like the Necromancer riding the bonehorror.

Same thing in the Daqan unit pack. Guy on horse is same guy standing beside him. Mounted/ unmounted versions of the same hero I'd say.

Edited by Toqtamish

Oh cool, I think that dude with the manly moustache is actually a playable hero in Descent. Lord Look-At-The-Size-Of-My-Sword or somesuch.

Yup, Lord Hawthorne is a character that was initially available in Descent 1st edition.

Right now you can find him in:

- Descent 2nd edition (Guardians of Deephall)

- Runebound current edition

I have to admit after watching the TC video the idea of getting a core set for this has become a lot more tempting.

Any pics of the undead guys?

Actually, yes, on the BoW website. 6 models, too, so I think that's all that was shown at GenCon 2016.

20160805_154625.jpg

Oh my, the guy on the bone construct...

AHHHH!!!! VORAKESH IS RIDING A BONE HORROR! I THINK I JUST LOST MY MIND WITH EXCITEMENT!!!!!

(I got to playtest the Bone Horrors for BattleLore.)

bt08_bonehorror.png

Edited by Budgernaut

He has a pelvis for a face to make him look like he has Dumbo ears?

He has a pelvis for a face to make him look like he has Dumbo ears?

Well, yeah, that's kinda silly I guess. I work with bugs, so to me, the pelvis ends up looking a bit like a wasp face.

And the thing that Vorakesh is riding probably won't be called a Bone Horror, because it doesn't look quite the same and this thing looks like some sort of cavalry, while Bone Horrors were classified as infantry in BattleLore.

Refreshing to see these undead miniatures that really pop and look great, but are not excessively detailed. I have warmahordes armies I just cannot force myself to paint. It would take a decade of my life.

I think these look like a lot of fun to tackle on the hobby desk.

Yup, Lord Hawthorne is a character that was initially available in Descent 1st edition.

I was actually wondering if they could/would do a crossover with the newer Terrinoth game figures since the scale seems comparable. As in, "here's some spare bases and a card/dial pack to bring some of the Descent 2 heroes to RWM". Like the way they had the Descent and Runebound cards packaged with the heroes in Dungeon Quest way back when.

But since Captain Moustache over there is a completely new sculpt specifically for RWM, I guess that won't happen. On the plus side, that's the first sculpt of the guy I actually like, the Descent 1 version made him look like a dork with that dress and wide stance, while the Descent 2 version makes him look like an Asterix knockoff.

Edited by Don_Silvarro

I was actually wondering if they could/would do a crossover with the newer Terrinoth game figures since the scale seems comparable. As in, "here's some spare bases and a card/dial pack to bring some of the Descent 2 heroes to RWM". Like the way they had the Descent and Runebound cards packaged with the heroes in Dungeon Quest way back when.

But since Captain Moustache over there is a completely new sculpt specifically for RWM, I guess that won't happen. On the plus side, that's the first sculpt of the guy I actually like, the Descent 1 version made him look like a dork with that dress and wide stance, while the Descent 2 version makes him look like an Asterix knockoff.

Can't disagree there. I'm just looking forward to seeing perhaps some new people. I think Kari Wraithstalker is entirely new? Could be wrong though

Kari doesn't sound familiar to me either.

She probably is new. And she perfectly illustrates the world-building and background concern that's repeatedly raised on these boards. The second I saw the imagine on that card, I started wondering:

What's her deal and how is that deal important enough to make all those well-drilled professional soldiers and noblemen wade into battle under the direction of a punk-rock chick dressed in a hastily stitched together burlap sack?

Edited by Don_Silvarro

She probably is new. And she perfectly illustrates the world-building and background concern that's repeatedly raised on these boards. The second I saw the imagine on that card, I started wondering:

What's her deal and how is that deal important enough to make all those well-drilled professional soldiers and noblemen wade into battle under the direction of a punk-rock chick dressed in a hastily stitched together burlap sack?

Perhaps she makes great music and is something like the Avril Lavigne of Terrinoth? ;)

Perhaps she makes great music and is something like the Avril Lavigne of Terrinoth? ;)

That would make Captain Moustache over there the lead singer of Nickelback, wouldn't it?

That would make Captain Moustache over there the lead singer of Nickelback, wouldn't it?

Good one ;)

"That's how you remind me...." :lol: (can't get this out of my head now)

Edited by Iceeagle85

I didn't find any information about size of play area.
In demo video we can see 3' x 3'. But how do you think: will it be enough or it's area only for starter set demo ?

Edited by lightage

3x6 foot

3x6 foot

Time to retire my beloved 3x5 leather topped desk, I was able to prop up 6' Arkham horror with cardboard boxes but that's not gonna work for a mini's game.

Time to retire my beloved 3x5 leather topped desk,

For not much money you can make a decent table topper. Get a 4x8 sheet of MDF or plywood and cut it down to 4x6 feet. Having that extra 6 inches on each side is a nice place to put cards.

You could wrap the whole thing in railroad grass mat, then put some sort of felt on the bottom as padding. Then you can store it in a closet or something when you don't need it.

Whole thing would cost around $30.

Yes, I bought a 4x8 sheet at Home Depot and had them cut it in half and it's been used for years and years. I can have a 4x4 for smaller games or a full 4x8 for big ones.

I'm a huge fan of using rigid foam board for those of us without a dedicated gaming table or room. It's not a durable as a wooden board, but it's cheap and about 10x lighter and so can be easily stored overhead in the garage or something. The thick stuff ( I think it's about 3" or so) is surprisingly strong and makes a nice surface to play on. Got to be careful spraying it (most types of aerosol cans melt it), but it's easy enough to glue some sort of felt or whatevs on it.

I have a nice big workbench in the garage, but I need to errr well, work on it sometimes and there is nowhere in my house to play. I have two sheets of the stuff I can pull down to play games on. My workbench is 4 feet wide, and the extra 6" on either side of the raised foam makes a perfect place to put cards and everything that is separated from the play surface. I use one for Armada now but I'll have to get another one for this game!