GenCon Promos legality.

By JediGeekGirl, in Star Wars: Destiny

It has come to my attention that the GenCon promos have advertisement on the back of them. I would assume you could use them of course for free play but what about OP? I personally don't see the issue because what is on the back isn't important to gameplay and isn't shuffled like the main deck cards are. As long as everything is the same about the card then it should be good to go. That's just my opinion, does anyone else have any thoughts or heard anything official?

Main characters don't go in the deck. It's a non issue. You're never gonna look at the back anyway. Besides in organized play for the card games you put your cards in opaque sleeves so again you're never gonna see the back.

While I do apprectiate the deliciously trolling aspect of the notion of making people that are buying these on eBay at 100$ apiece unable to play them, no, suggesting that they might somehow be "illegal" (and I am doing serious air qoute action here) for play is ridiculous.

While I do apprectiate the deliciously trolling aspect of the notion of making people that are buying these on eBay at 100$ apiece unable to play them, no, suggesting that they might somehow be "illegal" (and I am doing serious air qoute action here) for play is ridiculous.

I am on the side of yes, but I'm not as famair with FFG policy which is why I asked. The only thing I'm aware of is the double side LCG affiliation cards.

Edited by JediGeekGirl

Most FFG promo cards are print-on-demand quality anyway, which is a slightly different finish to the batch-printing of their main card releases. Cards have to be sleeved in opaque-backed sleeves for tournament play anyway I believe which is why FFG promo cards are legal (I think this is right). Nevertheless, as stated already, hero cards are never in your deck so the back is irrelevant.

Most FFG promo cards are print-on-demand quality anyway, which is a slightly different finish to the batch-printing of their main card releases. Cards have to be sleeved in opaque-backed sleeves for tournament play anyway I believe which is why FFG promo cards are legal (I think this is right). Nevertheless, as stated already, hero cards are never in your deck so the back is irrelevant.

I agree. :)

This is all correct. Having played several of their card games at tournaments I can vouch for that.

Another reason it shouldn't matter is they don't appear to come with the dice, so you have to have the standard cards anyway.

For those with experience with FFG (I'm coming to this game as an FFG noob): how likely are we to see these promos at other events? Does FFG typically have very limited print runs with their promos, or do they hand out the same ones over and over? I think the people paying 100 bucks for these advertisements are crazy, but I can see paying 10-20 bucks to have something cool and rare. Unless of course they end up dirt common by the time the release comes around. Anybody have any insight?

For those with experience with FFG (I'm coming to this game as an FFG noob): how likely are we to see these promos at other events? Does FFG typically have very limited print runs with their promos, or do they hand out the same ones over and over? I think the people paying 100 bucks for these advertisements are crazy, but I can see paying 10-20 bucks to have something cool and rare. Unless of course they end up dirt common by the time the release comes around. Anybody have any insight?

Those specific promo cards? Going by what they did in the past, never again and in fact I think someone on these boards reported they said as much when asked.

Other cool promo cards? All the time. This game will be pretty big for their Organized Play.

Edited by Don_Silvarro

The prices of these promos are starting to come down so if you are interested in them I would watch them. U only need one of each (thank goodness). I paid $50 for my pair which is still a little high but a lot more reasonable then $200 for both

These aren't actually selling for $100. They're all either ending their listings early and lowering the price or someone's accepting a best offer (which only the seller and buyer know). The price on these will come down dramatically over the next week as more flippers put them up on ebay. They're already not selling at current prices.

Edited by RebelSpy

These aren't actually selling for $100. They're all either ending their listings early and lowering the price or someone's accepting a best offer (which only the seller and buyer know). The price on these will come down dramatically over the next week as more flippers put them up on ebay. They're already not selling at current prices.

Not all the ones that sold at that price had a best offer option (I've been watching these like a hawk). Some of them did sell at that $100 price, sadly. Now they are selling for about $75 each. Yes I also predict they well come down too.

They aren't now, but Thursday and Friday a few definitely went for that much.

my friend said he got me a pair at gencon, lucky me 8). ohh to the OP these will be tournament legal