Mixed feelings

By simply2, in Runewars Miniatures Game

Hey guys,

If Battlelore 2nd didn't exist, and I didn't own it and love it, I would be dancing off the ceiling at this announcement.

Indeed there is still a part of me that is " OMG !! YESSSSSSS !!! This looks AMAZINGGGGGG !! "

But I do own Battlelore 2nd....

And I do love it......

And having just this minute read this announcement I'm feeling a bit hollow :(

So, it looks like BL2's last chance of salvation now rests in an announcement at GenCon 2016. If none comes I fear the end, and without a fourth army pack ( Elves or Dwarves, I really didn't care ) and maybe a terrain pack, to back up the excellent additions so far, it just feels like its all come to an end prematurely. And that's a huge shame....

On a positive note, I'll still be at the front of the queue for Runewars : TMG.

I share your fear. Battlelore is amazing. Runewars:TMG looks awesome and will possibly be the game former GW-players are waiting for. Both games should not exclude each other! In another franchise X-wing and Armada both receive love as a lighter and heavier skirmish game. This can also be the the case for Battlelore and Runewars:TMG. What would be really great are paired launches. For instance: elves for Battlelore and elves for Runewars:TMG, launched weeks apart, so the popularity of one game can affect the other. We will see.

Even without a video yet, the Runewars system looks significantly deeper and with much more potential than Battlelore's. I would not mourn, for you are getting something far better.

Even without a video yet, the Runewars system looks significantly deeper and with much more potential than Battlelore's. I would not mourn, for you are getting something far better.

And a lot more expensive. I think the two games can coexist, appealing possibly to different types of players

(this said, I'll probably pick up two core sets of this one when it's released. Yeah, I'm so hopeless)