Runewars - Miniature game announced!

By Julia, in Runewars

At GenCon, right now!!!!

What? Where! Does this mean they killed battlelore?

Wondering the same thing. I'm still hoping to see elves and a sort of tracked campaign mode, but I'm not so sure that will be the case now.

No, it means they killed warhammer quest and conquest.

Battlelore will still be going strong, it will target a different audience.

I think this makes battlelore elves even more likely.

If they push this game as the next warhammer then elves will come to runewars, and then to battlefield.

No, it means they killed warhammer quest and conquest.

Battlelore will still be going strong, it will target a different audience.

I think this makes battlelore elves even more likely.

If they push this game as the next warhammer then elves will come to runewars, and then to battlefield.

I can see that happening, given the hole that GW created when they overhauled WFB.

I'm especially happy to see the character stands that are included. It was major hassle in WFB unless you included magnets.

Am I the only one thinking that this actually kills Runewars the board game?

I don't think so at all. They are two extremely different games, particularly given that Runewars is a 4x game to begin with, along the lines of Twilight Imperium. No way can I really see the miniature game as a replacement due to that.

What would be great is if you were able to combine the two in a sort of huge monthly scenario. Fights in Runewars could take place via the miniatures. WFB had started something like that before they did the overhaul. It took a lot of organization and time, but it was akin to a sort of fantasy league in a way. Quite enjoyable if you could keep a core group involved in the process.

I must say I'm happy if battlelore is killed, since it's a boring game and the scale is strange.

I hope runewars will be what battlelore was never going to be, and I hope scale could be used in descent as well ! (maybe an official way to use them on game to another ?)

Edited by rugal

I don't think so at all. They are two extremely different games, particularly given that Runewars is a 4x game to begin with, along the lines of Twilight Imperium. No way can I really see the miniature game as a replacement due to that.

What would be great is if you were able to combine the two in a sort of huge monthly scenario. Fights in Runewars could take place via the miniatures. WFB had started something like that before they did the overhaul. It took a lot of organization and time, but it was akin to a sort of fantasy league in a way. Quite enjoyable if you could keep a core group involved in the process.

Yes, they are different games, but I don't see how two games co-exist under the same name. And Runewars-style games are not very demanded by the market atm, I think

Already dead.

I must say I'm happy if battlelore is killed, since it's a boring game and the scale is strange.

I hope runewars will be what battlelore was never going to be, and I hope scale could be used in descent as well ! (maybe an official way to use them on game to another ?)

NO