Stupid clerk! Unpack faster!

By Desslok, in The Force Awakens Beginner Game

And so I call down to the FLGS and they say that they indeed have three copies of the SW:TFABBS - but they haven't had a chance to unpack them yet and can I call back later tonight.

BAH! PHOOEY!

Anyway, they should be showing up at any time now.

#FirstWorldProblems

#RagingPenguinAvatar

Edited by Desslok

I feel for you. Really, that sounds so rough. Do you need a hug?

*Conveniently forgets how much she whined when Savage Spirits was delayed a day*

Edited by Absol197

Yes, hug please!

Because. . . . as it turns out the fellow got the TFA X-Wing starter set mixed up with the SW:TFABBS. So no beginner box for me tonight. :(

Oh, sorry. I just checked and our hugs are still waiting to be unpacked and entered into the computer. It'll be a day or two before they're available.

Edited by Absol197

Saw one on the shelf at my semi-local shop today. I bought Special Modifications instead. I've been kicking myself for the last 3 hours.

Saw one on the shelf at my semi-local shop today. I bought Special Modifications instead. I've been kicking myself for the last 3 hours.

That was indeed a poor decision (not that Special Modifications is bad).

Let's all kick Andres Vorstal for three more hours.

Edited by Desslok

Have they restocked Special Modifications already?

Looks outside... no nothing out of the ordinary, with GenCon today maybe that explains that unexpected reappearance?!

Desslok, I feel bad for you and contempt for your FLGS. I called my FLGS the day before and they put a copy behind the counter for me that night. Seems to me like your FLGS could be a great deal more F.

I went in with every intention to get the AoR box set then noticed the Force Awakens one and decided to go with that instead as the 10% across the board discount meant it was the same price as the marked one for AoR. I could get some photos of the pretty galaxy map if that interests you?

I'm still trying to wait out for my FLGS to get Lead by Example back in stock (and Forged in Battle out) so my Age of Rebellion campaign will have all published career books available from the start. Unfortunately, there only seems to be one vaguely competent RPGer as the rest are wargamers and board gamers. I did send a message asking for Forged in Battle to be reserved but whilst they've seen the message they haven't actually responded yet...

That was indeed a poor decision (not that Special Modifications is bad).

If it makes you feel any better my toddler son threw my sweet new copy of Special Mods at my wife, hit her on her sore foot, and her reaction was to spike the book like a football straight into the floor, causing it to bounce about 10 feet into the kitchen, off a cabinet and into the front of the stove. It is now in a condition that some online auction sellers refer to as "Like-new with minor shelf wear" and I think I'll upgrade the difficulty of her character's next few skill checks as payback. Should have completed the set of Beginner Boxes, indeed.

And work kicked me pretty well for about 9 hours today as well, so there's that...

Edited by Andres Vorstal

Desslok, I feel bad for you and contempt for your FLGS. I called my FLGS the day before and they put a copy behind the counter for me that night. Seems to me like your FLGS could be a great deal more F.

Well, the good news is that they got some in last night, so I'll be heading down straight away to pick up a copy.

Rage Penguin Disengage!

Swung by my FLGS but no luck.