Wishing Lamp: Is it really that good?

By Vinceff7, in Hollow Bastion

I've read alot of posts recently where the Wishing Lamp equipment card apparantly creates an infinite Draw loop everytime an Agrabah Card is played (Aladdin, Iago, Jafar, etc.) But it has the word Agrabah in quotes... not Bold Print, which as I understood it meant that you draw a card each time you play an Agrabah World Card, not any Agrabah oriented card. For example, the Lamp Equipment card in BoD says only Agrabah friend cards can equip this card, but Agrabah referring to the friends was in bold print. Thus, the way Wishing Lamp is worded, you can really only draw one card a turn, when you play an agrabah WORLD card.

Is this incorrect?

Whooboy.. alrighty, I gots this 'un.

Wishin Lamp, as you read it, states the effect along the lines of it can draw one card every time you (specifically) play an Agrabah World Card.

All the prior posts as to Wishin Lamp drawin due to the effect of playin an Agrabah card (ie: friend, equipment, heartless, etc) were caused by the attempted understandin to make a card less useless (these are my words, 'n my opinion, so read it as you wish), or more useful altogether. In the process of doin this, we look'd at the Japanese cards 'n tried to find the most accurate rulebook from the Japanese TCG (with lil to no avail), and decided to make a rulin to tweak the problems that FFG had 'created' (questions regardin this would arise if you look at the cards Meg lvl 0, Hades lvl 8, 'n Pegasus lvl 2).

In doin so, we thus created another forum war (or as I like to call it: The Search For Ultimate Draw. I'm 95% complete on makin it, 'n the last 5%, I can't control, as it's opponent based).

Ultimately, we reverted the card (along with several others) back to their original text 'n left it for dead (though, you could provide house rulins 'n the sort to tweak the cards for maximum playability 'n enjoyment).

So yes, Wishin Lamp's effect would only draw a card if you play'd an Agrabah World Card.

Which is why I think Pegasus is better. It lets you draw a card anytime an Oly. Col. World Card is play'd, you or your opponent.

Pegasus lets you draw "anytime" you OR ur opp play an Olympus Coliseum card? Friend, World, whatever?! I was told it was only when you play a world card, just you...

Choitz said:

Which is why I think Pegasus is better. It lets you draw a card anytime an Oly. Col. World Card is play'd, you or your opponent.

Please note that I did make it rather specific on the card play'd. 'N yes, Pegasus states '...draw one card each time AN "Olympus Coliseum" card is put into play'. So, in my opinion, that would make Pegasus a whole lot better than Wishin Lamp to me.