Playing with keeper not impossible

By LagAdder, in Mansions of Madness

Having fiddled around with the application and browsing through the rules, I found that it is entirely possible to have one player act as keeper (if so desired).

Basically the keeper in a second edition game would be the sole player accessing the application, granting access to an investigator only during a puzzle sequence.

Playing the game that way would give the keeper player a bit of creative wiggle room to beef up the lovecraftian experience even more. ^_^

I'd thought of doing this. I have 3 different gaming groups, this would allow me to play through the same scenarios with different groups but still have some involvement. I often played as the keeper in 1e anyway.

Err... They wouldn't really be *playing* the game, though, would they? I mean, it's fine if someone doesn't mind just being the narrator (as I have done in the past), but it's a far stretch to say that they're playing *as* the keeper.

Err... They wouldn't really be *playing* the game, though, would they? I mean, it's fine if someone doesn't mind just being the narrator (as I have done in the past), but it's a far stretch to say that they're playing *as* the keeper.

A simple house rule could give this role some meaning. The keeper could override the app choices.

For example, if the app tells to move a monster 3 spaces toward the investigator with lowest agility, the keeper could instead move that monster 3 spaces wherever he wants, optimizing the monster's attack.

Edited by tsuma534

You can do the same even at the actual state of the game, the app doesn't "know" where monsters are, and doesn't move monster chits around the board. So, if you want the AI be more efficient, you can houserule the monster movement. Still, the AI in this game is pretty amazing