Supporting "Collectable" Supplies

By JediGeekGirl, in Star Wars: Destiny

One of the things I like to do when I am in a card game is to have the option of running matching supplies. We already have Star Wars sleeves and playmats and that gets me wondering if we will see other supplies Star Wars themed like binders, Dice boxes, Deck boxes, etc. If these were made, would you be interested in some of these products? What would be some of the things you would like to see?

I've got a bunch of Star Wars lcg deck boxes. All from organized play events. Likely see some for this game too. Same with playmats.

Star Wars binders would be cool. Don't have any of those.

Edited by Toqtamish

I've got a bunch of Star Wars lcg deck boxes. All from organized play events. Likely see some for this game too. Same with playmats.

I've seen those, but I prefer the flip boxes (if you know what I mean by that) or even double deck boxes. That's just me though. That being said I would love those boxes to store my extra destiny cards in.

The lcg boxes easily hold two 60 card decks.

The lcg boxes easily hold two 60 card decks.

I don't have one so I wouldn't know. That's fine but if I'm putting my decks in one box I like some kind of divider and for the remaining deck not to fall over when I take one out. Maybe that's anal of me, but those boxes do look cool :)

Edited by JediGeekGirl

I'm the same and with two decks they don't fall over. But in the lcg you play two decks per match. So maybe smaller or different arrangement for this game since the decks are smaller and far as we know you only need one deck.

I'd also expect the now standard Acrylic versions of tokens which I do love. Especially want some Acrylic shield tokens. I'd use those in my lcg and X-wing games too.

It would be nice if they made deck-boxes with a separating wall for the dice, so that you don't have cards bending off of dice. Main issue with that is, while you know the # of cards involved (34), you don't necessarily know how many dice will need to fit.

Edited by IsawaChuckles

For a folder if you have a colour copier I would just drop a random array of cards onto the glass pane and make a collage of various things. If you use a folder with a clear cover you can just trim the copy and insert it into the cover and spine. Let me know if you are interested and I'll post my effort up once done.

For pages I think I'll get some Ultimate Guard sheets in Red, Blue, Yellow and Gray. They also do some of the nicest deck and dice cases too and dividers to suit. I just fell for Ultimate Guard as they do a Mini-American page that is side loading and holds sleeved X-Wing and Armada cards perfectly.

For the mass storage of tokens, dice and such I'll just use a good old Plano or similar 10-12 compartment tackle box.

I wonder if we'll get a playmat.

Well we have the Kylo and First Order playmat to start out with and it seems that FFG likes to do mats as prizes so I say yes.

Well we have the Kylo and First Order playmat to start out with and it seems that FFG likes to do mats as prizes so I say yes.

Normally I don't consider them a must for card games, but since I almost deafened myself rolling two hands full of dragon dice on my friends oak table... Yeah, having a nice soft surface to roll those big destiny dice on is a good thing

Edited by Robin Graves

Considering how many mats I have from Star Wars lcg and how common they are in the other LCGs too I'd say absolutely.

Normally I don't consider them a must for card games, but since I almost deafened myself rolling two hands full of dragon dice on my friends oak table... Yeah, having a nice soft surface to roll those big destiny dice on is a good thing

Yeehaw - Dragon Dice! Wow...now that's a blast from the past.

And I agree we'll have playmats like the Kylo Ren one and so forth very soon.

I'll bet we get dice friendly boxes like these, too:

wpid-wp-1414725123062.jpeg

with dividers:

71874_DC_Magnetic_Pack1.jpg

Now for dice masters I just put my cards in (standard) deck box and the dice (per pool in ziplock bags) in one of those MTG fatpack boxes. That works well enough for me.

The DM mat is the only pilmat I've ever bought. :)

I won a MTG playmat at a mirrodin prerelease

And I got a ton (no really like a dozen) of WoW TCG playmats some from those epic collection long boxes, but most I got a s agift because my LGS was getting rid of their WoW stuff.